X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Defie View Post
    Hi All.

List below of my changes. All fitted now for months and working like a charm

Dipped main beam - alternative link to cheaper identical bulb - decoders needed as per Marko’s link

Main full beam - similar brand to Marko’s link just brighter - no decoder needed on main beam

Reverse light

Rear Indicator bulbs - no resistors needed

Side repeaters
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Halfords 501a Wy5w Filament LED Amber Upgrade Car Light Bulbs Pair 2000k at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Fog lamps,
    The stock bulb is H8 but H11 also fit. Be careful though if you get a cheap bulb with a poor seal the housing can leak and your fog lamp can become a “fogged lamp”. I have reverted to halogen. The ones below will work
    NIGHTEYE H7 LED Headlight Kit 70W 30000LM 6500K Super Bright Canbus No Error Hi-Lo Beam IP68. No glare to oncoming vehicles and drivers, making it safer to drive at night. -Extended Lifespan: Fanless design, no fan noise and fan failure.

I also have changed the rear fog lamp but I can’t find the link. I will repost this later
    Sorry to dig this post up again,

How did you install the reversing lights?

I’ve done one side which is fine though the drivers side reverse light has a really tight cable and I can’t undo the bulb holder. Any idea on how to disconnect the light from the main loom?

Thanks,

Jake

Comment

Hi Jake,

I had the same issue with the cables. I did not release the loom. I managed to just about get enough slack to release the bulb with persistence. I was worried I would break the cable but I got away with it.

Sorry not much help really.

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
        Hi Jake,

I had the same issue with the cables. I did not release the loom. I managed to just about get enough slack to release the bulb with persistence. I was worried I would break the cable but I got away with it.

Sorry not much help really.
        Little bit at a time, mine where tight also, but they do come out, just don't be impatient.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Smoked side repeaters with LED bulbs. Blend in nicely with the Cosmic Grey colour.. very happy with them [emoji16]

Comment

Nice where you get them?
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Nice where you get them?
              ASTRA K MK7 SMOKED TINTED SIDE REPEATERS INDICATORS SRI SE ELITE DESIGN VX LINE https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F401623282886

Comment

I might invest in some of those. Mine keep going green around the edges.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaka View Post
                  So... finally ordered these for my hi beams. Will post review then I'll get those.
                  I don't know if anybodies interested, but I promised to do a review. So...

The packaging was very disappointing. Here is a comparison to the packaging of the bulbs I have bought to my low beams:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	56286699_2396118427074730_3711006152113258496_n (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	243017

Name:	56645681_431514567619618_3544660045809582080_n (2).jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	243018

The quality is... not a great one:

Name:	56629356_356757091602054_5993981707471028224_n.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	243019

This is how they look like (the right one is halogen, the left is this LED. I got to say the position of LED in the lamp is not correct. I spotted that later):

Name:	55764222_277812706486117_8073725629494722560_n.jpg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	243020

Name:	55954358_787847961593816_5892800236551667712_n.jpg
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	243021

Name:	56848027_2291906994397666_8084541117355261952_n (2).jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	243022

So the minuses are:
                  1. The packaging is very disappointing;
                  2. The quality is not on a great level;

Pluses:
                  1. They do work;
                  2. The color of the light matches my low beams;
                  3. They're much brighter than halogens;
                  4. They are very cheap.

I would not recommend those for low beams as they're much thicker (the distance between leds on both sides of the bulb is quite big) so I doubt they they would focus the light where it should and it can annoy other drivers.

Comment

Have you tried them on unlit roads yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      Not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                        I tried them out yesterday and I got to say they are very bright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabaka View Post
                          I tried them out yesterday and I got to say they are very bright.
                          That's all that matters on high beam. Light the road!

Comment

• Originally posted by Defie View Post
                            Hi All.

List below of my changes. All fitted now for months and working like a charm

Dipped main beam - alternative link to cheaper identical bulb - decoders needed as per Marko’s link

Main full beam - similar brand to Marko’s link just brighter - no decoder needed on main beam

Reverse light

Rear Indicator bulbs - no resistors needed

Side repeaters
                            Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Halfords 501a Wy5w Filament LED Amber Upgrade Car Light Bulbs Pair 2000k at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Fog lamps,
                            The stock bulb is H8 but H11 also fit. Be careful though if you get a cheap bulb with a poor seal the housing can leak and your fog lamp can become a “fogged lamp”. I have reverted to halogen. The ones below will work
                            NIGHTEYE H7 LED Headlight Kit 70W 30000LM 6500K Super Bright Canbus No Error Hi-Lo Beam IP68. No glare to oncoming vehicles and drivers, making it safer to drive at night. -Extended Lifespan: Fanless design, no fan noise and fan failure.

I also have changed the rear fog lamp but I can’t find the link. I will repost this later
                            Have you had any issues with these reverse bulbs Defie?

I have the same bulbs but they've just been removed becasue when they are in, the rear view mirror doesn't automatically dim any more! Go back to the original halogebn and it's fine.

Comment

• anyone have to adjust the headlights after fitting the LED bulbs?... have to say, bit disappointed, there seems to be a few dark patches in the pattern, and the throw is not that good either

Comment

• Insignia B - list of lights & bulbs / LED upgrades

Installed LED’s with resistors etc.

Still getting a right / left beam failure. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X