Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS - How rare are these spark plugs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS - How rare are these spark plugs??

Had my 2ltr Petrol SIDI Turbo 250PS serviced last week and as part of my service plan I wanted Perry's to replace the spark plugs (Vauxhall service schedule states change at 8yrs?). The ones fitted at the factory are AC Delco 41-108 but Perrys replaced with Denso equivalent. Told them I wasn't happy and wanted the AC Delco ones as per the design of the engine. Perrys stated that Vauxhall do not stock these in the UK anymore and they would have to order them from the factory in Germany and may take a few weeks, which I told them to order.

But looking online, I can't seem find any reputable sources in the UK that stock these?? loads in America and China.

Thought I'd just give the other guys with the same engine a heads up for future reference. Make sure the dealerships give you the correct spark plugs.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

my last petrol car was in about 1992 . had diesel ever since,so I don't think ive ever changed one,but isn't a spark plug , a spark plug,regardless of who makes it ..not having a dig Paul
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

No offence taken Dave. I'm not a techy and it may well make no difference at all but with all the technology on these modern engines, and the fact I intend keeping the car till the lifetime warranty expires I would rather not take any chances on having any ignition problems in the future because the wrong spark plugs had been used so I'm sticking with the Manufacturer recommended plugs and service schedule equal to or better than recommended
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

yeah,get your point with lifetime warranty
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Have to congratulate Perry's though as they are ordering / changing them without fuss., very impressed with their customer service

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            isn't a spark plug , a spark plug,regardless of who makes it
            Apparently not buddy after reading this

Comment

No idea if these are the right ones or the price is for just 1

Comment

bloody hell,thats a dear do, if its 30 quid a plug

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  bloody hell,thats a dear do, if its 30 quid a plug
                  Never mind I think they're from America anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                    No idea if these are the right ones or the price is for just 1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ACDelco-41-.../dp/B0016HNOFY
                    They are or rather it is the right one and I think you do only get one on Amazon . Anyway, I'm not buying them so not bothered how much it costs Perrys

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      I intend keeping the car till the lifetime warranty expires
                      Is lifetime warranty 10 years /100,000 miles whichever comes first?

Comment

I believe it's 100000 miles. Don't think the 10yrs applies

Comment

Only for first owner thou, 3 years warranty if ownership changes.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                            I believe it's 100000 miles. Don't think the 10yrs applies
                            If its 100,000 miles then that will take you some time

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                              If its 100,000 miles then that will take you some time
                              It wil Ray..............especially as I'm only on 27.5k now and had it 4yrs.

Comment

Working...
                              X