Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would doubt that

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

im going for thes ein my next car when ever that will be , as for now im away to swap my halogens for some tea tree candles from ikea , will this pass the mot ?

Comment

Finally got around to making a short video of the lights working.

Didn't get an in-car shot this evening, couldn't find my camera mount.

Last edited by sriray; 18-12-2018, 08:30 AM. Reason: Video Embedded

Comment

AFL can not be customized on preface siggy. And why would you want to turn those features off.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Here are the different personalized settings for MY15 Insignia AFL:

OFF: only AHL (only headlamp leveling, no bend lights)
            Corner and Bend Lighting (AFL1): only corner and bend lighting
            Intelligent Light Distribution (AFL3): corner and bend lighting and additional corner lights
            Hmmm my my14 only has the corner bend lighting and the intelegent light distribution. No option to disable completely

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
              Hmmm my my14 only has the corner bend lighting and the intelegent light distribution. No option to disable completely
              should have a setting, "off"
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It's definitely doesn't.

Just the two. I always considered the bend and cornering light as off. As it sets the beam to "land rover death beam level"

Comment

It's definitely doesn't.

Just the two. I always considered the bend and cornering light as off. As it sets the beam to "land rover death beam level"
                  Strange one
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

MY13 Mine is the same, no off switch, must try the intelligent light distribution, just to see what happens
                    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Which AFL lighting setting do you use, cornering or the intelligent setting? Mine is set on cornering at the moment, will try the intelligent light next time I go out in the dark. Have tried to find an explanation in the owner manual, no luck. What is the difference? As in other posts, I've no off setting.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                        Which AFL lighting setting do you use, cornering or the intelligent setting? Mine is set on cornering at the moment, will try the intelligent light next time I go out in the dark. Have tried to find an explanation in the owner manual, no luck. What is the difference? As in other posts, I've no off setting.
                        I generally jump between the two as I've currently being testing both out.

Corner lighting seems to provide the better light in my opinion as anything under 40 mph in ILD sets the beam to lower than I prefer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
                          Adaptive Forward Lighting
                          The Adaptive forward lighting functions are only available with Bi-Xenon headlights. Light range, light distribution and intensity of light are variably triggered depending on the light conditions, weather and road type.

Some functions of the Adaptive forward lighting can be deactivated or activated in the vehicle personalisation menu. Select the relevant setting in Settings, IVehicle in the Info-Display. Vehicle personalisation Vehicle personalisation .

With the light switch in position AUTO all lighting functions are available.

The following functions are available also with light switch in position 9:

dynamic curve lighting

corner lighting

reversing function

dynamic automatic headlight levelling

Playstreet Lighting
                          Activated automatically at low speed up to approx. 20 mph. The light beam is turned at an angle of 8° to the roadside.

Town Lighting
                          Activated automatically at a speed range between approx. 25 and 34 mph and when street lights are detected by the light sensor. The light range is reduced by an extended light distribution.

Country Lighting
                          Activated automatically at a speed range between approx. 34 and 70 mph. The beam of light and the brightness is different between the left and the right side.

Motorway Lighting
                          Activated automatically at a speed above approx. 70 mph and minimal steering movements. It switches on after a delay or immediately when the vehicle is powerfully accelerated. The light beam is longer and brighter.

Adverse Weather Lighting
                          Activated automatically up to a speed of approx. 43 mph, when the rain sensor recognizes condensation or the wiper operates continuously. The range, distribution and light intensity is regulated variably depending on visibility.

Dynamic Curve Lighting
                          The light beam pivots based on steering wheel angle and speed, improving lighting in curves.

Control indicator f Adaptive forward lighting .

Corner Lighting
                          On tight bends or when turning off, depending on the steering angle or the turn signal light, an additional left or right reflector is switched on which illuminates the road at a right angle to the direction of travel. It is activated up to a speed of 25 mph.

Control indicator f Adaptive forward lighting .

Reversing Function
                          If the headlights are on and reverse gear is engaged, both corner lights are switched on. They remain illuminated for 20 seconds after disengaging reverse gear or until driving faster than 4 mph in a forward gear.

High Beam Assist
                          This feature allows the high beam to function as the main driving light at night and when vehicle speed is faster than 25 mph.

It switches automatically to low beam when:

The camera in the windscreen detects the lights of oncoming or preceding vehicles.

The vehicle speed is slower than 12 mph.

It is foggy or snowy.

Driving in urban areas.

If there are no restrictions detected, the system switches back to high beam.

Activation
                          The high beam assist is activated by pushing the indicator lever twice with a speed above 25 mph.

The green control indicator l illuminates continuously when the assist is activated, the blue one 7 illuminates when high beam is on.

Control indicator l High beam .

Deactivation
                          Push indicator lever once. It is also deactivated when front fog lights are switched on.

If a headlight flash is activated when the high beam is on, the high beam assist will be deactivated.

If a headlight flash is activated when the high beam is off, the high beam assist will remain activated.

The latest setting of the high beam assist will remain after the ignition is switched on again.

Dynamic Automatic Headlight Levelling
                          To prevent oncoming traffic from dazzle, headlight levelling is automatically adjusted based on inclination information measured by front and rear axle, acceleration or deceleration and vehicle speed.

Fault In Adaptive Forward Lighting System
                          When the system detects a failure in the Adaptive forward lighting system, the system moves to a preset position to avoid dazzling of oncoming traffic. If this is not possible, the affected headlight will be automatically switched off. In any case, one headlight will stay on. A warning is displayed in the Driver Information Centre.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Thanks Matt.
                            I read that. That appears that both settings are active in auto then, if so, why the two settings in the vehicle menu. are they needed?
                            Sorry if i'm missing some thing blindingly obvious
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Intelligent setting does everything, bendy lighting as I call it only does that. No fancy stuff. If you have android download my vauxhall app, enter vin number and there will be manual handbook for your year car

Comment

Working...
                              X