Bleeding the water system on a 2009 2.0 Cdti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bleeding the water system on a 2009 2.0 Cdti

Anybody know where the bleed nipple is on the water system ? I have a 2009 Cdti and its getting warm but not reaching the 90 degrees any more. Don't have a water leak but it keeps saying add coolant but that is at the top. Trying to see if it has an air lock

Dave

The float valve in you tank will be mullered . I just replaced mine at the weekend for the same fault code. It only takes about 15 mins to swap the tank and most of that is fighting with the sensor plug

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
      The float valve in you tank will be mullered . I just replaced mine at the weekend for the same fault code. It only takes about 15 mins to swap the tank and most of that is fighting with the sensor plug
      This would make sense as the heat is still hot. Where did you get the parts from my friend ???

Comment

I got a replacement tank off ebay for 32 quid delivered

Comment

Agh ok I presume that’s a used unit ??

Comment

Nope brand new

Comment

Ooh that’s cheap. You still got the link ???

Comment

How do pal, search flea Bay for this item. The part number is in there but there are other options available.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
                  How do pal, search flea Bay for this item. The part number is in there but there are other options available.

Thank you. Easy enough to swap over the sensor and how much coolant did you fill back up with, can you remember ????

Dave

Comment

Getting the pipes off was easy, the issue I had was disconnecting the sensor as its right on the bottom of the tank. For the coolant I used a large syringe to draw the coolant out of the tank then out it all back in.

Comment

You clever sod, never thought of that 😊😊 Dud you bleed the system afterwards, and if so how ???

Comment

Haven't had too, just topped the coolant up and ran it with the cap off for 5mins then re checked the level. Took it for a 20 min drive and checked the level again

Comment

Ooh sounds like a plan 😂😂 Thank you for all your help, top man 👍👍

Comment

The part has now turned up (Thanks to DAKELLY112) So come weekend, with a few choice swear words no doubt, hopefully it will be fitted and lets hope that is that ............

Comment

What was the result????
                              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X