• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave71 View Post
    What was the result????
    Hello Mate, well it is still doing it !! Next step is change the thermostat

Comment

The Haynes manual says there are two bleed nipples I need to find the pictures too see where they are

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        The Haynes manual says there are two bleed nipples I need to find the pictures too see where they are
        Mark if you do, please let me know.........

Comment

Hi A8
          There are two nipples, one at the top right hand side of radiator and one on the thermostat housing.
          Looking from the drivers seat.
          Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Anybody know where the bleed nipple is on the water system ? I have a 2009 Cdti and its getting warm but not reaching the 90 degrees any more. Don't have a water leak but it keeps saying add coolant but that is at the top. Trying to see if it has an air lock

Dave
            You got coolant termostat jamming, probably stuck open...
            Start cold car and wait to warm a little. Then check 2 thick rubber hoses to radiator. If they are both warm your termostat is stuck open and letting warm coolant from engine to radiator-something he shoul do ONLY when op.temperature is reached.
            If it is diesel and slowly warm, drive a little and check as soon as temp needle start to move, then it is ~50deg.C

Changing coolent reservoar, as stated above, can be done without coolent lost- just first emty reservoar...

Comment

Working...
            X