Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Esp, intermittent centre console, handbrake button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esp, intermittent centre console, handbrake button?

So for a little while I have had intermittent centre console and clock/radio station display etc, always first thing in the morning it would not work until I had driven the car for a mile or so then it would spring into life on its own accord unless it got the (love thump) above the dash board, I put it down to a loose connector which in all honesty I have not got around to checking. I started to wonder if it was a cold solder, working once things had warmed up slightly.

So my wife borrowed my car while I was fixing hers and came back saying service vehicle soon had popped up, so I used the autel code reader from work but it couldn't read any DTC's so I bought 3 "code readers" from eBay which probably explains a lot but they couldn't read nothing, one was a knock off version of op com which I couldn't even get the software to work on the laptop let alone on the car. I ordered the first thing I found on eBay only to discover they were copies of opcom after I'd ordered it, I'd never heard of opcom prior. (You only get what you pay for and the copy version is rubbish)

I took the car (2010 cdti vx line) to a garage and they plugged her in and found multiple codes and promptly deleted them, restarted the car to see what would pop back up, and nothing flagged up, happy days or so I thought. The next day I go out and service ESP popped up with abs light and traction control. So I switch off and restart and there gone again but service vehicle soon remains. So it'll be another trip back to the garage..but when he deleted the stored codes he mentioned a lot of high voltages etc and something about the handbrake. So this morning I go out, centre console is on...and goes out as soon as the auto release for the handbrake is engaged, so I reverse out of my drive , stop and pull up handbrake button and instantly centre console relights.

So, any ideas? Are these connected in anyway, apologies for the long winded story but trying to describe the build up of events.
    Also is there a preferred code reader people use, i.e. A genuine opcom and where would you be best to purchase such a thing. It would just be handy to read codes when required for glow plugs etc

Ok just found what I think is the genuine opcom coming in at £768.00 from ilexa.co.uk ....so...that's not an option! Unless I've got that wrong.
    What's the options?
    Last edited by Woody; 06-11-2018, 08:35 PM. Reason: Found a price on genuine code reader, I think

I am sure some one over on the VAUXHALL owners club can sort you out with an opcom that is much cheaper than the £768 you have been quoted.

I think he is called carpersjake.

I am sure someone will be along to confirm this shortly.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Thanks Witty, after a bit more hunting I found a thread mentioning op-com.co.uk how that didn't turn up straight away in my google search for opcom I don't know, but they are only £35.00 plus 10 for the hard back up disc. Substantially better than the scary price of £768 on the other site. Looks a lot more legitimate than the eBay clone.

Comment

My apologies to the admin for posting in the wrong section. Sorry about that and

Comment

Stripped stereo out and facia display, didn't see anything untoward i.e. Loose connection etc. I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning

Comment

Its a fella called Koicarpkeeper over on Vxon---I'm sure he will help------Dave

Comment

Thankyou, electric gremlins are a nightmare.

Comment

I got my OpCom from op-com.co.uk. £35? Was a bit of a fiddle to get it working on Windows 10 but scans all the codes and modules on my MY15 Insignia

Comment

Working...
                X