• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticed mine made the same noise the other morning when was cold too

Comment

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
      Noticed mine made the same noise the other morning when was cold too
      The noise on mine went away after a couple of miles driving, I had to leave it over night at the dealer so they could hear it 1st hand I also videoed it on my phone for them but you could heaer it clearer at the car.

Comment

Originally posted by markf497 View Post
        Hu

Hi I've just got my Insignia 2.0 cdti 163 its a 64 plate with 48k.
        I have a noise from the timing belt\alternator belt area when cold it goes away after a couple of miles check my video the noise is clearer when i'm down at the wheel. You can't hear it from inside the car only when outside.
        I took the car back to the dealer with the video of the noise and they said it was the drive belt pulley and replaced that with the alternator belt but the noise is still there. They are now saying that they will take the cover of the timing belt and lubricate the belt is this just a quick fix if it works?
        I have a 1 year warranty with the car has anyone had a similiar problem?

Thanks for any advice.
        Same engine with the same noise on a 14 plate (started around 50K and now on 59K). I have had this for around 15 months but never got any worse. Always when cold and disappeared when the engine warmed up. Changed the timing belt a year early to see if it would cure this. Did the belt, water pump and pulleys at the weekend. Noise has completely gone and sounds as it should now.

Regards
        Andy

Comment

Sounds like mine, water pump was my diagnosis

The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 233.5bhp 352.9lbft. Twin exhaust.
          The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Worked on lots of these for the same issue - always cured by replacement timing belt kit and w/pump. Belts seem to pick up dust particles and start to perish.

Comment

Working...
            X