Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 cdti 163 noise when cold

Hu

Hi I've just got my Insignia 2.0 cdti 163 its a 64 plate with 48k.
    I have a noise from the timing belt\alternator belt area when cold it goes away after a couple of miles check my video the noise is clearer when i'm down at the wheel. You can't hear it from inside the car only when outside.
    I took the car back to the dealer with the video of the noise and they said it was the drive belt pulley and replaced that with the alternator belt but the noise is still there. They are now saying that they will take the cover of the timing belt and lubricate the belt is this just a quick fix if it works?
    I have a 1 year warranty with the car has anyone had a similiar problem?

Thanks for any advice.

I used to have that noise, when I did the cam belt I also changed the aux belt tensioner and the pulley on the engine mount, I never figured which one it was but it doesn’t make any unexpected noises now

Comment

Cheers I dropped it off this evening so they can start it from cold tomorrow morning hopefully it will get sorted or at least find out what it is tomorrow.

Comment

Could be Aux belt or water pump?
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hi, the noise in your video is the same noise that mine was making. I had the timing belt and water pump changed just over a week ago. The noise has gone. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by over30 View Post
            Hi, the noise in your video is the same noise that mine was making. I had the timing belt and water pump changed just over a week ago. The noise has gone. Hope this helps

Cheers hopefully find out tomorrow I've had the car for 10 days happy with it apart from the noise.

Comment

Sounds exactly like my air con pump. When it’s making that noise turn the aircon on and it should quieten

Comment

I Had it once and the problem turned out to be timing belt that was just little two tight.

Comment

Sounds like the Water pump. They are known to fail early.

Comment

yeah agree sounds like water pump, usually noise on these on start up when failing

Comment

Dealer had my car from last night so they could hear the noise first thing this morning, they told me that they have lubricated the belts and they left it to cool down and started it and the noise was away. I mentioned to them about the timing belt and water pump but they think this will sort it test will be in the morning or coming weeks. I've got 1 years warranty with the car that covers the water pump and timing belt the guy at the service desk said the next option would be the timing belt and water pump.

Comment

Noise came back after a couple of days I phoned the dealer and spoke with one of the guys at the service desk and explained to him what had already been done he can't believe they lubricated the timing belt but its booked in for Thursday hopefully get it sorted then.
                        I went into the dealers today spoke with the service manage and they are ordering a new water pump and timing belt kit so should be sorted on Thursday.

Comment

Timing belt and water pump replaced yesterday and noise is now away all done under warranty so saved me a few quid when due in acouple of years time.

Comment

I have had the same problem with mine, same engine 2.0 cdti 163HP 65 plate at around 38000 miles. It was the timing belt tensioner. As for lubricating the belt... I wold not let them do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Babyface View Post
                              I have had the same problem with mine, same engine 2.0 cdti 163HP 65 plate at around 38000 miles. It was the timing belt tensioner. As for lubricating the belt... I wold not let them do that.
                              I wasn't keen on them lubricating the belt but they wanted to try it and after a day the noise came back, when i spoke to the service manager he couldn't believe that they had lubricated the timing belt and he booked it in to replace the timing belt, tensioner and water pump all done under warranty.
                              My car has been great since then with no issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X