Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Steering controls and small screen froze

Hi Guys,

First post and first day owning an insignia.
    I bought a 2015 2.0 CDTI Elite from Evans Halshaw today, drove away at 11am and it was fine but at noon i noticed the small colour display by the speedo had frozen and none of the buttons on the steering wheel worked! I pulled over turned engine off/on and it was the same so i went to work. After 10mins i tried again and it works now, any ideas as the car is only 3 yrs old and ive had it a hand full of hours.
    Oh also noticed the Start/stop didnt work when I got to work after a 90min drive from Evans.

Starting to worry ive made a mistake!

Thanks

Wayne

Welcome. First mistake Evans Halshaw .

Right car may have been stood for a few weeks, battery needs to be in good condition for start /stop to work. Mine didn't work for quite a while. A few runs, get decent charge in it. Also make sure Eco button has green led on. Also some won't work if air con is on. Mine works regardless what is on most of the time, but when it don't I give it a longer run than normal, winter months hard on batteries. Note batteries are expensive for stop start vehicle.

Do you have the small display screen on dash. It locks out when low on fuel. Also IV had it where a notification came up and for whatever reason the dismiss option didn't appear. It cleared itself later on.

Post some pics when you get chance.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

As said low battery voltage,Insignia's like good battery voltage or the 'gremilins' come out to play!
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Welcome along,
        as matt says,your car may need some decent runs as who knows how long it’s been stood.

Hopefully all will be good.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

Yes I did have a clue the Stop/Start was down to voltage but can you explain the loss of all steering wheel functions? I could upload a picture but doesn't everything look frozen on a pic??
          All i can say about the screen is that it was on the eco page where it has the sliding circle on the green to red eco line and the av MPG underneath and that was not moving so i knew that was buggered.

P.S contacted Evans and they advised me to take it to my local garage!!! thanks EH

Comment

Originally posted by Whancox1984 View Post
            Thanks for the reply,

Yes I did have a clue the Stop/Start was down to voltage but can you explain the loss of all steering wheel functions? I could upload a picture but doesn't everything look frozen on a pic??
            All i can say about the screen is that it was on the eco page where it has the sliding circle on the green to red eco line and the av MPG underneath and that was not moving so i knew that was buggered.

P.S contacted Evans and they advised me to take it to my local garage!!! thanks EH
            Would never buy a car from them.

That said sure things will be ok.
            That screen your talking about don't move much, in fact i turned it off so it don't display in my car. I tend to leave it on info, sometimes music. If you don't use it don't have it.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

does it to mine once in a while it seams to loose functions like the radio wont work the hot key long press on telephone for the assistant to come on wont work

turn car off for 5mins fire her up and all comes back

Comment

Working...
              X