Insignia B rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia B rear view mirror

Can someone with an Insignia B check their rear view mirror for me please?

Mine doesn't seem to change colour when there is a car behind me and I end up getting dazzled. My old facelift used to go green quite quickly but this one never seems to change.

What colour is it supposed to change to?

Yes like a green black sort of colour. Has it got the sensor on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      Yes like a green black sort of colour. Has it got the sensor on it?
      Yes it has the sensor, it just never changes colour.

Does anyone know how to test the mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post

Normally mine goes dark when the interior light comes on. Does the drivers mirror go dark?

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post

Normally mine goes dark when the interior light comes on. Does the drivers mirror go dark?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
            No it never changes colour at all. I think it must be faulty.

Comment

Yeah darkens down. Hard to tell sometimes because of the privacy glass. Never been dazzled from behind.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I think the headlights need to be turned on to activate it. Then put your hand over the sensor on the back of the mirror simulating a dark road ahead. Hope this helps.
                2015 Sri VX Line Nav Biturbo in white. Heated Leather,Reversing camera,Sport Button,tour Button,Privacy glass,Voice,Tailgate light mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian1969 View Post
                  I think the headlights need to be turned on to activate it. Then put your hand over the sensor on the back of the mirror simulating a dark road ahead. Hope this helps.
                  Thanks. Just tried that and used the torch on my phone to shine into the sensor - nothing happened.

Comment

I checked the voltage at the mirror this morning and it has 12v so it has to be a faulty mirror. It's booked into the dealers for a warranty job.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Working...
                    X