Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia How to turn off Eco Mode Permanent !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia How to turn off Eco Mode Permanent !!!

Hi guys as per the title, has anybody got a fix for the above, I know you can turn it off each time when you get in car
    tonight I was coming round a roundabout and the engine suddenly cut out, I very nearly got punted up the rear
    by a close following van, yes I had forgot to switch it off, but there must be a fix, to keep it off, I hate the thing !!!

as far as I know it cant be disabled permanently
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
      Hi guys as per the title, has anybody got a fix for the above, I know you can turn it off each time when you get in car
      tonight I was coming round a roundabout and the engine suddenly cut out, I very nearly got punted up the rear
      by a close following van, yes I had forgot to switch it off, but there must be a fix, to keep it off, I hate the thing !!!
      It can be done, but would take a little effort. Well i think it can .

Logically, you start the car and drive, you want ECO off you press the button and its off. So firstly is the circuit NO or NC?
      NO - Normaly open, NC - Normaly closed.

It could be something as simple as fitting a toggle switch in series which stops the system from being turned on - but that sounds too easy.
      So another approach is to press the button automatically or have something do this for you.

A relay in circuit that makes or breaks depending if switch is NO or NC , for relay to switch it coujld be triggered from something that always happens when you drive, or a timer in the circuit.
      All a lot of trouble for pushing a button

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

think you'll find its a momentary contact not a permanent one
        Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
        questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
          think you'll find its a momentary contact not a permanent one
          Which a relay could mimic

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

tonight I was coming round a roundabout and the engine suddenly cut out
            So what has eco mode got to do with this?

If you were to give a little more info on your car ie age, original battery etc i would be very surprised if eco mode was the cause of your issue, do you know what eco mode is? do you know the car has to be stationary and the handbrake applied and the car out of gear, and **** loads of other shitty little factors thrown into the mix for it to even think about working?

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
              So what has eco mode got to do with this?

If you were to give a little more info on your car ie age, original battery etc i would be very surprised if eco mode was the cause of your issue, do you know what eco mode is? do you know the car has to be stationary and the handbrake applied and the car out of gear, and **** loads of other shitty little factors thrown into the mix for it to even think about working?
              Mine is 5 mph and under, no hand brake required. I do it in city leaving work in traffic, start stop cuts in when stop and take it out of gear and clutch not engaged, when traffic moves a few feet i just release foot brakes and roll slowly, anything over 5 engine restarts regardless.

I have had the engine stop twice on me shile moving thou, always on a roundabout, always while changing gear and when i first got the car. Now im used to driving it it hasnt happened again so far. You watch it do it tomorrow

Oh on both occasions it happened start / stop wasn't working for whatever reason, after it happened it started working again.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Which a relay could mimic
                A standard relay would either leave it open circuit or constantly with a short.. a timer relay may be better for this which would dab a 1 sec closed circuit before going open again which simulate the button being pressed
                Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

If thats the case, can I sue VX if somebody punts me up the Arse when Eco cuts my engine out, it would be nice to know how they stand legally ?

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
                    If thats the case, can I sue VX if somebody punts me up the Arse when Eco cuts my engine out, it would be nice to know how they stand legally ?
                    They would insist it was something else, driver error

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Mine is 5 mph and under, no hand brake required. I do it in city leaving work in traffic, start stop cuts in when stop and take it out of gear and clutch not engaged, when traffic moves a few feet i just release foot brakes and roll slowly, anything over 5 engine restarts regardless.

I have had the engine stop twice on me shile moving thou, always on a roundabout, always while changing gear and when i first got the car. Now im used to driving it it hasnt happened again so far. You watch it do it tomorrow

Oh on both occasions it happened start / stop wasn't working for whatever reason, after it happened it started working again.
                      What you describe is exactly what happened to me, the engine cut in middle of roundabout causing van driver to catchup with me quickly
                      as not knowing I was literally coming to a halt, and nearly getting punted, I got the neccessary horn blast of course, for slowing him down

Comment

Is there not just s fuse you can pull for the eco?
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Just get a battery that doesn't facilitate Start/Stop.

Comment

I think if you unplug the illuminated switch it wont work as this is what i did when i fitted a andriod unit which didnt have the cut out for the switch

Comment

Originally posted by denzilc6 View Post
                              I think if you unplug the illuminated switch it wont work as this is what i did when i fitted a andriod unit which didnt have the cut out for the switch
                              Might cause and store fault codes, did it put engine management light on?

Comment

Working...
                              X