Tuning box issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning box issue

Right, got a blue spark tuning box and fitted with it last night. The insig started up but kicked out the service soon message and limited performance. Took the box off and still got the service soon with bugger all performance.

Left the car overnight and started up this morning and got the service soon message but performance was back. Took the car to work and no service soon and performance was back.

So I took the battery off and the put the tuning box back on and she worked a treat an pulled like a dream.

When work finished jumped back into the car and service soon was back on with no performance.

Took the battery lead off and took the box off but still getting service soon with no performance. So she's on the driveway with the battery off and the tuning box off. Trying to do a ecu re boot on it.

The tuning box is a blue spark cr tech box that connects to the rail pressure sensor. The box was powering up when connected but the car just doesn't like it. I think I'll be sending it back on Monday but I was wondering if anyone else is running a tuning box and have you had issues like this with it?

So a 30min battery off reset has cleared the fault. But now no tuning box.....

Comment

So I spoke to Bluespark, who I got the box off today. Apparently the cr1 box that I got will only work with some Insignias but not all of them and it's down to the ECU and the only way to tell what the issue is is to fit the box.

So looks like I need a cr2 box which is 45 quid more and should be here soon, but I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Working...
      X