Removing Rear Chrome Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Rear Chrome Trim

Hi, I'm looking to remove the chrome trim that runs along the boot and also the rear badge, I'm just wondering if this is easy to do and if so how to do it? Any advice would be great Thanks in advance!

Hi

The chrome trim on the facelift is bolted on. Here are a few pics from when I removed the inside trim and loosened the chrome trim bolts so I could replace the dummy tailgate lights for working ones.

Remove the securing nut from the inner tailgate handle using a 7mm socket and remove the plastic latching cover. Then working around the edges, pull
    the carpeted cover off. The edges are secured with clips but with a bit of a yank, they pop out no problem

That will give you access to the 8mm nuts

That's as far as I can help. I'm not sure about the rear badge but I'm sure once you're in there you'll see where that is fixed too...Probably another nut or two.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ah right I see, that's brilliant! I was hoping it was just going to be a case of nut and bolts, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X