Landsail tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landsail tyres

Could anybody that has used these for a while give any feedback as to what they are like in the winter? I have them on my wheels for the last few months and really rate them so am thinking about ordering a set for my winter wheels but wanted to see if there was any opinions on them in colder months.

If you have LS588 Landsails, you will see M+S on them.
    This stands for mud and snow.

I've never had any issues with them during the winter and we get more than our fair share of the dreaded white stuff where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      we get more than our fair share of the dreaded white stuff where I live.
      Never mind all that white stuff you get, stick to speaking about the weather
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        If you have LS588 Landsails, you will see M+S on them.
        This stands for mud and snow.

I've never had any issues with them during the winter and we get more than our fair share of the dreaded white stuff where I live.
        Cheers for that Mate. I have to say they are great in the wet. I was going to buy winter tyres but they are expensive in 19s and lot of reviews say not as effective in bigger sizes so thought sod it look at another set of landsails.

Comment

Never heard anything negative about Landsails. OK they may not wear as well as the most expensive, but otherwise they are a good all-round keenly-priced tyre.

Comment

No probs mate.
            I had my vectra c for 7 years and for most of them I only ran Landsails on the 19's.
            Sold the car and they'll still on the wheels yet and that was February I sold it.
            Last edited by RBH; 15-11-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

A mate of mine uses landsails on his Integra and takes it on track with them on. He loves them!

Comment

Got them on the vec c work car and also the show car as well, they have a B & B rating for grip and noise.. They will also be going on my insignia when they need renewing
                Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

I've noticed that they do a ls388 and 588. Anyone ran with the 388's?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
                    I've noticed that they do a ls388 and 588. Anyone ran with the 388's?
                    Is it for different size wheels, some models they might not do in another size

Comment

Best tyres for the budget money can buy i can see.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                        Is it for different size wheels, some models they might not do in another size
                        These are for the elites 18 inch.

Comment

Ever heard of them currently looking at either Uniroyal or Goodyear for our vxline.

Comment

Landsail tyres

I won't use cheap tyres, in that one situation when you really need that last bit of grip I don't want to be left wishing I hadn't skimped on that last £50!

I used to run Uniroyal Rainsport 2 on my (pre-family!) 330ci and really rated them. I've currently got Uniroyal Rainsport 3 on my Insignia fronts as they were a bit cheaper and I am planning on selling the car and I am much less impressed - they just don't grip as well especially in greasy conditions which is surprising based on their reputation. They are pretty good in the wet though to be fair.

However I really regret going away from the Michelin Primacy 3's which I used for the last 4 years or so before. They grip well wet, dry and cold giving high levels of confidence even down to 2mm (Michelin head has poured scorn on the replace at 3mm advice saying it's bad for the planet and tyre developers should do their jobs properly and develop them to work down to 1.6mm!). They also wear exceptionally well in my experience - even on my 30 mile vigorous, shall we say, country road commute so they actually pay for themselves per mile in my experience! Can't recommend them highly enough!

Comment

We sell Landsail tyres, they're ok for budget tyres, wear ok but can be a bit noisy. Wouldnt have them on my car though , currently have Vredestein Quatrac 5's on the GS, really good, not cheap though, I get them for £95 trade.
                              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
                              X