2013 2L CDTi Exclusive Internal temp control not getting very hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 2L CDTi Exclusive Internal temp control not getting very hot

Hi all, just had a new battery fitted (may be a coincidence) but since that the temperature of the in car heating seems very low. Engine heats up to normal temp and stays there but internal temperature just seems Luke Warm. Is there a way to reset the heating controller or something else?
    Cheers, Steve

If your new battery is a 12V and the same amperage you took off, and not a 9v PP9, unless you bought a Dud new battery
    your battery is not the fault, I suspect the heating controls...Is your radiator thermostat working??

Comment

Originally posted by huey45 View Post
      If your new battery is a 12V and the same amperage you took off, and not a 9v PP9, unless you bought a Dud new battery
      your battery is not the fault, I suspect the heating controls...Is your radiator thermostat working??

Battery is fine, thermostat is fine, it’s the heating inside that’s not. Saw someone suggested ‘resetting the heater control unit’ but no description how to.

Comment

Hi

My car was the same, turned out the coolant levels was very low so not getting around the heater matrix. Might we worth checking levels and topping it up.

After that I was lovely and warm.

Comment

I'll second that ceejaytee1979 just sorted out the mother in laws Meriva. Coolant tank was empty ( she didn't even know she had one!!!) topped it up and ran the engine for 5 minutes on the driveway. Lovely and warm now and in her good graces since the cold snap which is always a good thing 😉

Comment

But where's all the bloody coolant gone?
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Coolant not the problem, always ok.

Comment

What happens if you turn heating right up?

Comment

Working...
                X