Poor MPG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor MPG

So my 160 cdti is averaging high 20’s to mid 30’s😢 it does 60miles a day on dual carriageways so get s a good run and doesn’t get thrashed
    Any thoughts ?
    Cheers

Is it an automatic?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Mine a tourer averages anything between 26-32 round town and 38-47 on a run. I don’t really care anout mpg i just put the diesel in and go

Try driving an omega 2.2 petrol like i used to that was 15-18 round town

Comment

It’s manual just I had a 150 Tid before and that did 55mpg easy

Comment

In the name of this thread i just tried an experiment. I reset my average mpg and drove very carefully through town but wasn’t any stop start traffic. I didn’t take the revs over 1500 if i could help it and managed 37.2 over 6 miles but was boring to drive

Comment

So just drove back in my normal driving style and got 31.4 mpg

Comment

Are you trusting the display or are you measuring the fuel you put in and the miles traveled?

Comment

So I fill the tank up and drive steady I use it to and from work mainly 5th 6th gear no more than 2000rpm and only get mid late 30’s surely it should do more high 40’s
                Does anyone know what could be wrong
                I have no warning lights
                It’s fully serviced and run on premium derv
                Cheers

Comment

What premium diesel are you using?
                  Is their a shell garage near by,trying v power might be an idea.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X