Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting flashed

So I have factory fitted xenon headlights with cornering feature,
    My car passed its MOT last month but as of the last few nights the on coming traffic are flashing me thinking I’ve got my full beam on which I haven’t
    When I start the car the lights go up and down left and right
    Any thoughts please

Have you also fitted the self level sensors and they are fully functional? And what bulbs are you using?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Have you accidentally switched it over to abroad set up i wonder.

Comment

Cheers the reply’s chaps they are fully working (even round corners) the bulbs I guess are what came in the car.
        I shall look into the level sensor

How would I check if I have switched it to euro mode?
        Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          Have you also fitted the self level sensors and they are fully functional? And what bulbs are you using?
          Originally posted by Jonny View Post
          Cheers the reply’s chaps they are fully working (even round corners) the bulbs I guess are what came in the car.
          I shall look into the level sensor

How would I check if I have switched it to euro mode?
          Cheers
          I'd say the level senors are there as you have it factory fitted and not retro fitted

IIRC there is a setting on the display where you can change the light setup from Left Hand Traffic and Right Hand Traffic under the lighting options

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
            I'd say the level senors are there as you have it factory fitted and not retro fitted

IIRC there is a setting on the display where you can change the light setup from Left Hand Traffic and Right Hand Traffic under the lighting options
            Yes there is. You put the key in but don’t turn it on. Pull the stalk towards you and hold it then turn the ignition on should beep and a little symbol will appear on the dash( a headlight with arrow in yellow)

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
              Yes there is. You put the key in but don’t turn it on. Pull the stalk towards you and hold it then turn the ignition on should beep and a little symbol will appear on the dash( a headlight with arrow in yellow)
              Ah didn't know about that one - I only knew about the setting which you could change on the radio display on the facelifts

Alternatively I also knew about using the stalk to turn on automatic main beam??.. Not 100% on that as I don't have AFLs :P

Comment

My car passed its MOT last month but as of the last few nights the on coming traffic are flashing me thinking I’ve got my full beam on which I haven’t
                Any thoughts please
                Flash them back with full beam then they'll know you didn't have it on. I have to admit the AFL's are superb, so I wouldn't worry. They're just jealous cos you've got better lights
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Agreed mine working perfectly, even main beam assist, not had a single flash yet, best lights iv ever had

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Any thoughts please
                    Wasnt there a software update for this I read somewhere on here?
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Not familiar with Insignia's xenon auto leveling system, but at least on a BMW I had a faulty leveling sensor that caused xenon lights to go full apeshit mode in the middle of driving. They went up and down randomly like an elevator. Got flashed all the time, had to turn them off to DRL's, even in the dark, before got it fixed. Quite dangerous, and not fun at all. There was an option to adjust lights manually, but it was useless because at times they showed two meters ahead of the car, and soon after that they we're headed at the clouds.

If the sensor is not faulty, the headlights might just be adjusted slightly too high. On my Kia Optima there are 4 screws from which you can easily adjust the xenon headlight pattern horizontally and vertically, but not sure if it's possible the same way on Insignia. Kia's lights are only turning in corners, while Insignia's AFL has quite a lot more functionality in them, if I understood correctly.

Comment

1. Check settings on dash that are set for UK driving.
                        2. You can adjust starting level of lights from inside of engine bay, would suggest getting a garage to do this.
                        3. Are you sure its not Main beam assist that is making them flash you? Clean windscreen and sensors.
                        4. Check to see if there is a recall / software update.
                        5. Search history of car, make sure not had a front end knock.
                        6. Tell yourself its jealously, and they just annoyed at your great lights.
                        7. Flash them back and be a pain in their ass.
                        8. Seriously - Try setting lights to the lesser setting and see if still does it.
                        9. Have the bulbs been changed to something they shouldn't be.
                        10. DON'T DRIVE AT NIGHT.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          8. Seriously - Try setting lights to the lesser setting and see if still does it.
                          what lesser settings are these ???
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Adaptive forward lighting
                            The Adaptive forward lighting
                            functions are only available with BiXenon
                            headlights. Light range, light
                            distribution and intensity of light are
                            variably triggered depending on the
                            light conditions, weather and road
                            type.
                            Some functions of the Adaptive
                            forward lighting can be deactivated or
                            activated in the vehicle
                            personalisation menu. Select the
                            relevant setting in Settings, I Vehicle
                            in the Info-Display. Vehicle
                            personalisation 3 121.
                            With the light switch in position
                            AUTO all lighting functions are
                            available.
                            The following functions are available
                            also with light switch in position 9:
                            ● dynamic curve lighting
                            ● corner lighting
                            ● reversing function
                            ● dynamic automatic headlight
                            levelling
                            Playstreet lighting
                            Activated automatically at low speed
                            up to approx. 20 mph. The light beam
                            is turned at an angle of 8° to the
                            roadside.
                            Town lighting
                            Activated automatically at a speed
                            range between approx. 25 and
                            34 mph and when street lights are
                            detected by the light sensor. The light
                            range is reduced by an extended light
                            distribution.
                            Country lighting
                            range between approx. 34 and
                            70 mph. The beam of light and the
                            brightness is different between the
                            left and the right side.
                            Motorway lighting
                            above approx. 70 mph and minimal
                            steering movements. It switches on
                            after a delay or immediately when the
                            vehicle is powerfully accelerated. The
                            light beam is longer and brighter.

Comment

What i meant to say but without going out cant remember what the settings are called, is in settings you can set lights to intelligent which does everything or curve lighting which switches a lot of the other stuff off.

Long week and working tomorrow grrrrr

Comment

Working...
                              X