I'm back after 2 years lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back after 2 years lol.

It's been two years since we had the Bi-turbo Country Tourer and have been driving a SsangYong Rexton W ever since. The Rexton will be going in a few days to be replaced by a 67 plate 170 diesel Insignia ST Elite Nav, 10k miles. manual,20" rims and in Flip Chip. Very good deal IMO from CMS Kidderminster - £10k less than when it was new in September 2017 with lots of toys/gizmos/gadgets.

Felt sooo nice getting back into a car that felt like a proper car rather than driving a tractor . Having said that, the Rexton did everything we asked of it apart from extortionate insurance (the Insignia is £350 cheaper!), high road tax and mid 30's mpg. It also towed everything we threw at it but now we don't need that capability.

Pics to follow in about a week hopefully.

Yes, it's good to be back but still missing IE Enthusiast where all my threads and posts didn't get over to this forum.
    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

welcome back......just post more on here

Comment

Welcome
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Welcome

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

welcome back,still a few of us here from the old enthusiast site,,did you have same username on IE ?
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Welcome back

Comment

Hi,

It's a shame you wasn't around when we moved over. Site admin would have migrated your IE posts. You're just gonna have to get busy.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                welcome back,still a few of us here from the old enthusiast site,,did you have same username on IE ?
                Seem to think it was GTR1000 but it was a long time ago in my little world thead

Comment

,Hello
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Oooh er, it's here and it's dark. Need to learn the ins and outs of the Navi 900 again, still seems to be just as lacking in some areas as it was when we had the County Tourer.

Yes, pics to follow at the weekend with or without a wash

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
                      Oooh er, it's here and it's dark. Need to learn the ins and outs of the Navi 900 again, still seems to be just as lacking in some areas as it was when we had the County Tourer.

Yes, pics to follow at the weekend with or without a wash
                      Fire up Android Auto or Carplay, or root your android phone and have full mirroring.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Haven't forgotten about some pics, sorry.

First mod is booked for next Thursday - tinted rear door windows and rear load area. Yes, the Elite does have privacy glass but IMO it's not that different from the front windows. Main reason for going this route is that we have a large greyhound and simply don't want anyone to know he's in the car. Tint will also give more security/privacy to the load area as we never use the roller cover because of the dog and things can be kept out of view. FWIW, this is the guy I'm using and £140 all in, 4-6 hours work. http://www.tintanaudio.com/ Going for 20% tint on top of OEM tint which should give semi Limo from the outside but still let the dog see out.

Spoke to Direct Line and they don't increase the premium for rear tints but has to be noted on the policy. If any of the tinted windows need replacing, they'll only cover the cost of a "standard" OEM window. Fair enough I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
                          Haven't forgotten about some pics, sorry.

First mod is booked for next Thursday - tinted rear door windows and rear load area. Yes, the Elite does have privacy glass but IMO it's not that different from the front windows. Main reason for going this route is that we have a large greyhound and simply don't want anyone to know he's in the car. Tint will also give more security/privacy to the load area as we never use the roller cover because of the dog and things can be kept out of view. FWIW, this is the guy I'm using and £140 all in, 4-6 hours work. http://www.tintanaudio.com/ Going for 20% tint on top of OEM tint which should give semi Limo from the outside but still let the dog see out.

Spoke to Direct Line and they don't increase the premium for rear tints but has to be noted on the policy. If any of the tinted windows need replacing, they'll only cover the cost of a "standard" OEM window. Fair enough I guess.
                          on my old insignia I had rear doors done 20% and rear hatch done in 5% (limo),from the out side it was quite noticeable,the difference in tint,but from the inside they both looked the same,,ive factory tints on the rear of mine atm ,but if I was to get them tinted again id go for 5% as I was quite shocked how easy it was to see out,from the inside,,if that makes sense
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Finally a break in the weather, so a good wash, clayed roof and bonnet, polished and waxed all over. Then it rained but only just after taking the pics. Oh, pics are with the OEM privacy glass. Will post more pics when the tints are done next week.

Edit - bollox, will have to use PB to upload due to file size.

Edit edit - or maybe not as PB seem to be charging to get access. Been a long time since I used PB and looks like I may have lost 300+ photos.

Comment

Maybe successful?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X