Sri suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howy View Post
    Took me a while to get the drivers seat spot on and quickly pressed the memory button!,the other half is still adjusting the passenger seat still!
    So is my other half, she says i move it when she not there

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Also check tyre pressures. May sound daft but with stiffer suspension tyre pressures make a big difference. If you look in Insignia manual there are various combinations of tyre pressures to give different rides, loads etc. They are quite varied, once pressure decided on change the setting on dashboard to suit, eco etc.

Last resort but a beaded cover, or a heated cover with different supports. I doubt its the suspension giving you pain. As an experiment, why not stick a film on a usb stick, sit in car and watch it and see if your back hurts, bet it does.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I always thought the SRi suspension was rather mattress-like, especially compared to my m-sport Beemer. After driving that to Manchester and back I felt like my teeth and spine had been rattled and shattered, whereas the SRi Siggy has the knack of putting the family to sleep on a journey longer than 30 mins. I also suffer back wise, but refer to the insignia as the 'armchair'. Probably just what you get used to.
        In terms of the seating position, I find it a high seating position even on it's lowest setting, but probably down to individual preference I guess.

Comment

If I compare my SRi Insignia with my previous Astra H, Corsa D and BMW X3, the Insignia is by far the most pleasant , comfortable car of them. Even with the 18” tires. I do have the flexride option. I’m driving 220 every day, so no short distances.

Comment

Strange how perceptions can vary. I had a Vectra SRi that I found to be a very comfortable ride (like you, my commute was 60 miles/day), but my wife hated it because it gave her backache. I am now on my third Insignia (the first two were Tech Line, the most recent an SRi). I test-drove the SRi on a combination of A and B roads and motorway before buying and, although my wife was quite 'iffy' about another SRi, she finds that the Insignia doesn't give her back trouble. I don't know to what extent, if any, ride is affected by wheel size and tyre configuration, but mine has 20" wheels with, of course, low profile tyres.

Comment

Mine was fine, I set my chair slightly differently and it’s now lowered a bit more and it’s comfortable.
              The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Working...
              X