Regen Led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regen Led

Well yesterday the regen led started flashing and I drove the car for about 15 minutes with revs over 2k while it carried out the regen,never really felt any difference in the car while it was doing the regen,for all of you who has not done this modification yet then you need to get it done,my thanks go to Dave @Exclusiv who fitted mine for me not long ago.-------Dave

Nice one.
    But dont feel you need to keep above 2K revs. Mine does a regen every 800 to 1000 miles it always takes 10 minutes and does it at 1000 -1200 revs.
    The car makes its own high temperature to perform the regen. Hence the drop in mpg!
    Its like clockwork for me, but I am on the Motorway a lot.

Comment

Thanks for your info,will do that the next time------Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
        Well yesterday the regen led started flashing and I drove the car for about 15 minutes with revs over 2k while it carried out the regen,never really felt any difference in the car while it was doing the regen,for all of you who has not done this modification yet then you need to get it done,my thanks go to Dave @Exclusiv who fitted mine for me not long ago.-------Dave
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Interesting alternative to the LED found!!
          Picked up my GS at end of August and noticed I was having issues with DAB reception occasionally. Thought there was a problem with the antenna. Now that the cold weather is here, I noticed the DAB reception was patchy every morning! Turns out, there was break on two of the rear demister grid lines. Every time the demister turned on, the DAB was cutting out.
          Seems that when the DAB reception was cutting out during normal driving, the DPF regen was taking place
          Anyone who doesn't want to install a LED should just break a demister line (I joke of course!).
          Break fixed (with pretty good repair kit), DAB reception now perfect and now I have to rely on the 'top consumers' menu option to see if demister is on during regen.

Comment

Working...
          X