Glow plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plugs

Help needed please ASAP my garage has just informed me that 3 glow plugs are faulty and they are from £150 EACH !!!
    Apparently they are different to normal with pressure sensors on is this right and £600 plus fitting for glow plugs is well hard to take😢

The more expensive ones are ridiculous mate, but they are only about 90 quid each and pretty easy to swap out

Comment

I have used one of these and it's been spot on for over 6 months. It was identical to the genuine one

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
        Help needed please ASAP my garage has just informed me that 3 glow plugs are faulty and they are from £150 EACH !!!
        Apparently they are different to normal with pressure sensors on is this right and £600 plus fitting for glow plugs is well hard to take[emoji22]
        Even Eurocarparts are cheaper than that, I’d question their prices and consider doing them yourself

Comment

Cheers for the reply’s chaps all sorted now, I am going to do them myself and good old Autovaux pulled through once again £65 each for genuine ones��

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
            Cheers for the reply’s chaps all sorted now, I am going to do them myself and good old Autovaux pulled through once again £65 each for genuine ones��
            Can you let me know how you get on, I have mine to change, parts in garage , just waiting one me being brave [emoji15][emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
              Can you let me know how you get on, I have mine to change, parts in garage , just waiting one me being brave [emoji15][emoji15]
              When I did mine the longest part of the job was getting the wiring plug connector off the f***ing thing. After that it was about 3 mins to take the old one out and put the new one in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
                When I did mine the longest part of the job was getting the wiring plug connector off the f***ing thing. After that it was about 3 mins to take the old one out and put the new one in.
                Funny that, I sort of tried to start but couldn’t figure how to get the connector off so I gave up

Comment

They are held on with small clips on the side. If you try to prise them off it will snap. I had one snap on me. It still goes back on and feels tight enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dshelton999 View Post
                    They are held on with small clips on the side. If you try to prise them off it will snap. I had one snap on me. It still goes back on and feels tight enough.
                    Cheers, I’ll look again

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
                      Cheers, I’ll look again
                      I've got a set of small picks, if your careful you can pull the tabs out while pulling the connector up, just take your time and they'll come loose

Comment

Working...
                      X