Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice please.

Hi everyone

Just joined the site and looking for some advice as I can't see a thread with a solution

I had to change my light bulb as my passenger headlight had blown so I changed them both. (Halogen bulbs H7)

I bought some after market bulbs from eBay as I wanted the white look and not the yellow. which is exactly what I got now but the problem I now have is the warning message is still on the dash and it's rather annoying. Do I need to buy some load resistors to get ride of this or do I need to buy something else?

All the help is much appreciated.

Dharm.

Load resistors should only be needed with LEDs.

Do they work on both dipped and full beam?

I'm assuming they're definitely dual filament H7s.

I've also deleted the duplicate of this thread.

Cheers

Jamie

Comment

Yeah the light works as normal just keep getting this error message.

I have no idea if it's dual filment. If that means that the high beam is also in the same bulb then no I have separate bulb for that
      Last edited by Dharm; 21-11-2018, 10:14 PM. Reason: Update thread

Comment

Hi,

Which Insignia do you have? Is it the pre facelift Insignia A or the Insignia B? Have you replaced the failed halogen bulb with another halogen bulb? Do you have the ebay link to the bulbs you bought?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Yeah it's the pre facelift Insignia A

These are the ones I bought
          Complete kit, H1 white 100w, H7 white 100w & a FREE set of 501 xenon white bulbs. Note, free bulbs subject to availability & may change. Kit includes: H1, H7, 501. Headlight bulb type: H7. Beam pattern: Surround glow.

Comment

Looking at that link they should work fine....Is it possible you could have fitted the connector to the rear of one or both of the bulbs the wrong way around?
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Just a thought though. Could it be because they're 100W? The standard bulbs are 55W. The car may be picking up on the extra electrical draw.

Comment

It could be that. Is there anything I can buy to help this or shall I buy other bulbs or even HIDs? I want them to look white. I hate the yellow look I'm also wanting to change the DRLs too!

Comment

I'm not sure if there is anything you can buy to sort the 100W bulbs but if you go down the HID route make sure you get a kit with H7R bulbs for reflector lights.

Comment

Ok thank you. I'll have a look around but if you can recommend any please let me know. 👍🏾

Comment

I can't personally recommend any for the pre but looking on ebay, something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CANBU...-rg:rk:27:pf:0 They do H7R anti glare. Colour temp I'd go for is 5000k for a nice white light but some like them to have a blue tinge so go for the 6000k. They're also supposed to be canbus so shouldn't give any error messages.

Buy at your own risk though.

Comment

Working...
                      X