Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon

Hi,

So my new (to me) 2013 diesel insignia has started coming up with "service vehicle soon" every time I turn on the ignition. I'm not experiencing any problems at all whilst driving it and the oil service level is at 96% so it's not that. I've got a little Bluetooth obd2 connector which I use with an android app and that didn't find any faults.

I'll book it in to be safe is this error usually caused by something relatively minor or is it likely to break the bank?

I've had service soon for various issues. If it's running OK it may be a glow plug or egr efficency. If it's into limp mode it could be more serious but you'll need a proper code reader to find out what the issue is.

Comment

Proper code reader needed, most of cheap ones don’t do very well with Vauxhall’s

Comment

fingers crossed,its just a glow plug off
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks all. There has been absolutely no difference in the way it drives so that's gotta be a good sign

Comment

Mine was the same when I was out on a test run before I bought it,it turned out to be a glow plug and the car was running fine too,seems its a common fault and easy to change------Dave

Comment

Hi,

Just a quick question. I've paid a garage to have the codes read - i've got 2 faulty glow plugs. Although they cleared the error, it came back on after a couple of hours. Once i replace the glow plugs will the error go away by itself or will i have to pay the garage again to plug in his diags machine and clear them for me ?

Comment

The code will stop coming up on the display, but will still be stored in the ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
                  The code will stop coming up on the display, but will still be stored in the ECU.
                  Thats fine, as long as it stops beeping at me every time i turn on the ignition

I've just got to work out what type of glow plugs i've got now. Hopefully not the Ł130 ones. It's a 2012 2.0 ecotec cdti if anyone has any ideas.

Comment

its normally only the ecoflex models with the expensive sensor glowplugs,but don't take it as gospel,,as theyre Vauxhalls
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      its normally only the ecoflex models with the expensive sensor glowplugs,but don't take it as gospel,,as theyre Vauxhalls
                      Mines a 2013 Elite cdti and its got the expensive ones

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
                        Mines a 2013 Elite cdti and its got the expensive ones
                        Don't pay the dealer prices. Phone Autovaux and see how much they quote. If it's this one you'll save quite a bit

Original Vauxhall 55590467 Glow Plug With Pressure Sensor Supplied by Vauxhall/PSA Original Parts Glow Plug with Pressure Sensor Length: 180 mm Voltage: 4 V Thread Size: M9 x 1.0 For Vauxhall Astra J (2010-2016) For A20DTH, A20DTR, Y20DTJ, Z20DTJ Engines From Engine No 17B08416 Onwards Only For Vauxhall Cascada (2013-2019) For A20DTH, A20DTR Engines. For Vauxhall Insignia A (2009-2017) For A20DT, A20DTC, A20DTL, A20DTJ, A20DTE, A20DTH, A20DTR Engines For Vauxhall Zafira C Tourer (2012-2022) For A20DT, A20DTH, A20DTR, A20DTL, Y20DTJ, Z20DTJ Engines Genuine Vauxhall OEM Part OEM Part No. 55590467, 1214101, 55579436, 55564163 IMPORTANT NOTE: Kindly Be Aware That This Part May Fit Some Other Vehicles Make/Models/Engine Types, Please Refer To Compatibility For Further Information As Variants Are Common In Vehicles And Compatibility Is For Guidance Purpose Only. If You Are Not Sure Contact Us And We Will Happily Check This For You.
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

How can I check which glow plugs I have? I called vauxhall yesterday and even they didn't know. Are the electrical connectors attached to them easy to disconnect so I can see? I don't want to damage them.

Comment

The connectors can be a bit of a pain in the back side tbh but will come off, just be patient.

When the codes were read it would have said 'glow plug cylinder 1 operation insufficent' or words to that effect.

Comment

Working...
                            X