Air dryers and blowers for car washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air dryers and blowers for car washing

Saw someone on Youtube washing his car without touching it, with a snow foam pressure washer and an air blower, meant for cars. Has someone here used these things to dry a car after washing it? Would love to hear some comments. Haven't seen too many of them on sale though.

The idea sounds interesting, drying the car without touching it, preventing water spots and water trails from otherwise unreachable gaps afterwards. A smaller risk scratching the paint too.

Thoughts or experiences?

Originally posted by karsta View Post
    Saw someone on Youtube washing his car without touching it, with a snow foam pressure washer and an air blower, meant for cars. Has someone here used these things to dry a car after washing it? Would love to hear some comments. Haven't seen too many of them on sale though.

The idea sounds interesting, drying the car without touching it, preventing water spots and water trails from otherwise unreachable gaps afterwards. A smaller risk scratching the paint too.

Thoughts or experiences?
    Thought about it. I have loads of Ryobi power tools so was gonna go down that line. The proper car ones are expensive, and my neighbours already think the snow foam is barmy.
    Best way to stop water marks and spots is buy distilled water and use that to rinse after wash then air dry.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I tried a mini leaf blower but it didn't quite have the kick needed to fully dry the car. I think I should have gotten a higher wattage. It's great for blowing the water out of all the nooks and crannies after you've dried the car and want to wax straight away. It's also great for drying wheels.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I blast mine down with my air compressor after I’ve washed it,been looking for a decent snow foam gun that I can use with a hose pipe cause I don’t think I can attach anything to the end of my pressure washer lance

Comment

I've seen some snow foam lances come with adapters for most common pressure washers, might be worth checking that out.

Comment

Some can be used in hand held pump sprayers.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I’m going to America in a couple of days I’ll have a look for something over there,no doubt there’ll be some canny detailing stuff in Walmart or somewhere

Comment

Touchless wash is a holy grail not yet achieved.

Snow foams and pre washes remove a decent amount of crud, and you can get away with it on a silver or blue car, but black cars need a shampoo applied with a washmitt.

Also air drying with a blower only works if the car has a decent level of protection, and even then you end up chasing water around panels.

Greatest investment I have made is a DI vessel. Wash, rinse and leave to dry, no water spots.

Comment

Working...
                X