Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low Battery Warning (NO BATTERY ISSUES?!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Battery Warning (NO BATTERY ISSUES?!)

Hi,

New to the forum

I bought a 2009 2.0L petrol Insignia a couple of months back, had been sat for a couple of months so the battery had died and the seller put a new one in. Low battery warning was present when I bought it, mechanic that inspected the car said he thought it’d go away as the alternator topped the battery up.

2 months on, never have any issues at all related to the battery but whenever I start the car, immediately low battery fault comes up on the screen between the Speedo/revs.

Anyone any idea how to address this?

I unplugged the battery overnight and when I reconnected it the error went away for a few hours, but came back.

Had this on my Elite,ended up fitting a new battery.Try charging it overnight,did the owner fit a NEW battery or just another battery?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Had this on my Elite,ended up fitting a new battery.Try charging it overnight,did the owner fit a NEW battery or just another battery?
      Pretty sure it was a new battery but can only take his word unfortunately... Hmmm. When you changed your battery, did the fault disappear immediately? (Maybe a stupid question)

Comment

Hi,yes just set the power windows in order(the display tells you which to do)and the message gone and never flagged up again.
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi,yes just set the power windows in order(the display tells you which to do)and the message gone and never flagged up again.
          I did that and it didn’t go away

Comment

Looks like it either needs a good charge with battery charger or it's on it's way out and you need a new battery.

Comment

Looks like it either needs a good charge with battery charger or it's on it's way out and you need a new battery.
              Is it possible it’s the alternator? I could pick up a new battery for £50 with eurocarparts constant sales discounts

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
                Is it possible it’s the alternator? I could pick up a new battery for £50 with eurocarparts constant sales discounts
                I'd say battery.

Comment

Working...
                X