Brake rewind tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake rewind tool

I've got a prefacelift insignia with electric handbrake. I've seen somewhere that I don't need software to rewind the piston to change my pads. Is that true that I can buy one from ECP and it will work, cos last time I was ringing garages and they said that because I had an electric handbrake I had to use software. Cheers
    2011 INSIGNIA S/S ECOFLEX 2.0 SE, ELECTRIC BOOT OPENING, FULL LED INTERIOR, LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, LED SIDE REPEATERS, HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH, CRUISE CONTROL, DAB, USB CONVERSION ON FRONT CIGARETTE LIGHTER, WING MIRROR EYE LIDS, REAR TINTS.

I have the electric handbrake & replaced the rear discs & pads a couple of years ago. No software needed & I used a Draper rewind tool which I had for my previous Vectra. You just have to remember the correct sequence once you've replaced the pads regarding whether you apply the footbrake before or after the handbrake, afraid I can't remember which one to do first, I'm sure there's a how 2 for it on here.

Comment

change rear pads as normal,,do both sides ,then pump footbrake,BEFORE applying handbrake,your garage is talking shite
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I'll do that this week 👍
        2011 INSIGNIA S/S ECOFLEX 2.0 SE, ELECTRIC BOOT OPENING, FULL LED INTERIOR, LED NUMBER PLATE LIGHTS, LED SIDE REPEATERS, HANDSFREE BLUETOOTH, CRUISE CONTROL, DAB, USB CONVERSION ON FRONT CIGARETTE LIGHTER, WING MIRROR EYE LIDS, REAR TINTS.

Comment

Working...
        X