rear bumpers? preface and facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its my wife's car..

History has taught me to have spare bumpers and alloys available for her....... So i buy what i can find and if its cheap enough different styles.. While one is off the other is being repainted ready to transplant, then the other one gets refinished and prepped for its next fitting etc... I quite like customizing bumpers as well, i can fibreglass them and weld them and make something a little different to the average car in the range.

Bless her its not always her fault... For example on her last vec she got dinged in car parks and hit by police cars that were not looking where they are going to name just a couple of instances. I had replaced both the front wings and three doors plus the front and rear bumper on that car mainly due to hit and runs. One honest Astra owner did give his details after his new car rolled down the hospital car park into her OSF front wing when its electronic hand brake failed... I only billed him £40 for a second hand wing in the same colour which i fitted myself..

In her Insignia she has already been reversed into twice this year (hit and run), both times witnesses left info of the offending driver and car, but the feds were not interested in pursuing it...

As for alloys, we all know the state of the roads, especially after winter does it bit... Pot hole season takes its toll but she has nailed a kerb once or twice..

Now there is nothing i can't rebuild on a Vectra, Signum or Insignia but i am not as well as i was. So light jobs that leave me to sit in my garage or in the garden and work on a bumper and get some peace I find quite therapeutic...

I still like to modify my cars a little, not wide boy max power style but subtly.. I will not be touching the engine on this one though as i no nothing about it and am not interesting in tuning it, just keeping it tip top and reliable with its factory components.. I think the days of doubling the horsepower on my cars are behind me... Besides in the time I have left I also need to finish remodeling our house and that is costing me enough..

So once again, any help with info and part numbers is always appreciated as i am forever looking at options for me or another owner who asks me stuff but is not a member here..

HTH

Comment

Easy way to check whether its a facelift bumper or not on the front is the part where the headlights fit, the facelifts have a little curve in the bumper where the pre dont

Comment

I picked it up yesterday and it is a freshly painted VXR facelift bumper, a long old drive that was.. 500 miles on the nose, almost a tank of petrol at 70mph on cruise control.

I was let down by another fella who had grills that I wanted to stop by at on the way home.. He decided to let me know on saturday night that he was super busy Sunday, something he failed to mention when i was arranging this whole road trip a couple of days beforehand... I am in no particular hurry to get the grills etc but it would have been useful to be able to try them out for size on the bumper they are required to fit and not just take his guess at it being ok....

I need to find an ECAT type site that lists part numbers for the facelifts or maybe drag myself to a car meet where i can try and compare the VXR front grills and also the rear bumpers in case i come across one of those going cheap as well.

Comment

You got any pictures of it?

You can get the grills off a site called aliexpress. Hell of a lot cheaper than VX to

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
            You got any pictures of it?

You can get the grills off a site called aliexpress. Hell of a lot cheaper than VX to
            Got any links been trying can't find any just buick regal 190 £

Comment

Originally posted by les-insignia View Post
              Got any links been trying can't find any just buick regal 190 £
              https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ABS-...2-e86101bdb74a

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pa...a-b42259709414

Comment

Got the top grill spark

Comment

The one with the badge?

Comment

The one with the badge?
                    Yup

Comment

The one with the badge?
                      Though I'm only after the black backing bit

Comment

Well you can buy it direct from VX and also autovaux.

I know a member on here paid about £100 for the rear mesh part.

Comment

Working...
                        X