Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 2013 intellilink nav unit and trim on a 2010 Insignia

Hey guys!

I am interested in fitting an intellilink nav unit from the 2013 facelift Insignia on my 2010 Insignia.

Essentially, I want to go from this one to this one

I am not really interested in getting the intellilink to work because I plan on gutting its innards and replace it with a mini or flex atx motherboard and basically install a small linux machine that I will use to program my own radio unit with all the goodies that I will ever need, and if I can't reverse engineer the touchscreen to work, I'll hack another in its place.

The reason I want to do this is because I want to connect this linux machine to the OBD port of the car and have the possibility to display sensor readings and fault codes straight to the unit's screen as well as spoof some OBD messages for some custom car behaviour such as turning on the parking sensors when in first gear and speed below 5 kph. I'm also tired of fault codes popping up in the middle of a long drive only to have it disappear by the time I get to a dealership where they inevitably tell me they couldn't find any fault code because they restarted the car and the errors were cleared.

I could do this with the stock unit but the new one looks cooler and I'd like to keep the stock one as a backup.

To summarize, what I need to know is:

Will it physically fit (do the mounting holes / clips line up; is it the same external shape etc.)?
    Will the air con controls, hazard lights, traction control, parking sensor and lock / unlock buttons work or what is needed to get them to work?
    Thanks!

That's an awful lot of messing about. The Intellilink units are programmed to the car so if you're getting a used one make sure it has been properly divorced from the donor vehicle or it won't work. Then you'll need codes from Opel Germany for any programming which you will have to pay for. That's without knowing whether it will fit or not
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
      That's an awful lot of messing about. The Intellilink units are programmed to the car so if you're getting a used one make sure it has been properly divorced from the donor vehicle or it won't work. Then you'll need codes from Opel Germany for any programming which you will have to pay for. That's without knowing whether it will fit or not
      As I've said, I'm not interested in getting it to work with the car as I will be "gutting its innards and replace it with a mini or flex atx motherboard and basically install a small linux machine".

Comment

Drivers would be a nightmare I'm guessing. Especially with the ports for the touch screen and the can bus of the car for the climate control and numerous other pop ups for say fuel warning and such.

Is this even possible? To me it would make more sense getting a android head unit.

Comment

Sounds far too technical.
          Post on xda developers website. You might get better advice on there.

Comment

Working...
          X