Engine carbon cleaning and remap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine carbon cleaning and remap

Hi, just wondering if anyone has had their engine carbon cleaned? If so did they find it beneficial? Also a remap? Is it worth it on the 2011 diesel? Would I notice the difference in power, torqe and mpg?
    Thanks in advance.

You'll deffo notice power and torque. Not sure I get anymore mpg but I didn't get a map for that reason.
    No idea about the clean.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I've had a terraclean in the past on my previous car. Personally made no difference.

Just recently had my car remapped and at the time he was offering a carbon clean. I declined the offer. I feel they bundle it in with a remap so you "feel the difference". The difference being the map and not the clean ha

Comment

Yeah I've been offered a bundle deal for both, £280 for the remap and carbon clean. Thanks for the advice

Comment

Pondy81
            Your opinion on engine clean

Comment

Which bhp do you have? the 130 or 160?

Comment

2.0 diesel SRI so the 160bhp, whether I have that at the moment I don't know. May of lost a few horses over the years

Comment

Thought it made a difference, had mine in summer but just had an issue where my EGR was clogged up so it’s a waste of money.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X