Hat trick of errors at the same time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat trick of errors at the same time!

Hi all, I have a 2010 2.0 CDTI, started the car got a service airbag, service tyre monitor and theft system error come up, none of the dials on the dash are working, Speedo, revs etc, indicators work but don't display on the dash. I checked the battery which 10 was a about 20-30 minutes since I drove it, was 12.38V. Started it was showing just under 15v when at idle. Turned it off and battery was at 12.5, though soon started to drop, after about 5 minutes back down to 12.4. Am I right this is low? Could it be causing the errors? The battery is 4 years old, covered 20k mostly short journeys.

Hi,Insignia's do like a good battery at four years old your battery has done well,i'd be changing it.Did you get a message saying Battery Low?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Personally I'd disconnect the battery for a minimum of 30 minutes first & see if that sorts it out, may just be the usual Insignia gremlins at work. If it happens again then you're most likely looking at a new battery.

Comment

You have checked no one has tried to nick your car,punctured your tyres and you’ve a white bag sticking out of the steering wheel.
        if no,as above try a battery reset.
        sigpic

Comment

A battery reset, I take it that's just disconnect the battery for a while?

Comment

Yes,worth a try.
            sigpic

Comment

I heard stop start cars have intelligent alternators and only require the voltage when needed. When I'm driving mine can be around 12. something and sometimes it's at 14.5 depends if you're in traffic or not.

Disconnecting the battery could work, maybe it needs a few runs before it gets back to a normal state.

Comment

Logosgil, just went to double check, thankfully no, all 4 tyres have air, no obvious signs of forced entry and the airbag hasn't deployed 😂

Comment

Lewish, no flash start stop tech for me 😂

Comment

Ahh read it wrong my bad

Comment

Lesson learned, when disconnecting the battery, lock the car before with the key in the door, not with the key fob, car alarms at 21:40 don't go down well with the neighbours!

Comment

,popular then!
                        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Sort of **** I do after a few vinos,but Mrs logo comes down,then I’m like a told off child ...!
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, think I'm popular 😂 Been out and reconnected the battery, still the same, it's reading 12.1V, I guess if it's losing charge like that, it's too far gone for putting on a battery charger to help?
                            On a side note last night I had the carry on driving diesel particulate filter full, so took it for a long drive to clear it, which it did, I had noticed recently the fan staying on after I parked even following a short journey, could their be any connection with that and the battery going, though it's had a hard life of mainly short journeys.

Comment

Oh and if the battery is gone, any recommendations for cheapest place to get one please?

Comment

Working...
                              X