Sky Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Q

thinking of upgrading the old hd box,as its starting to huff and puff at recording etc,are the new Sky Q boxes worth it ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
    thinking of upgrading the old hd box,as its starting to huff and puff at recording etc,are the new Sky Q boxes worth it ?
    Yes they are Dave, I've just moved over from Virgin Media V6 box and the Sky Q box is much better. Very quick menus and a really good layout.

Comment

Originally posted by cmor View Post
      Yes they are Dave, I've just moved over from Virgin Media V6 box and the Sky Q box is much better. Very quick menus and a really good layout.
      I'm with sky, and have sky Q. Plus an additional 2 boxes in other rooms. Absolutely brilliant, can't fault it. Easy to use.

Comment

I have sky Q, can't fault it although we don't have the all singing and dancing remotes

We are forever losing them haha.

Comment

thanks chaps,the mrs is getting them on phone today,we can get it installed free,as weve been with sky since 1998,so I dare not tot up how much they've had off us ,over the years
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Got the full package, been with them for many years now. They through in free HD for sports as I threatened to migrate elsewhere. Don't have Internet with them as its piss poor. Overall though, can't fault it. Picture quality is excellent and 4k HD is brilliant when watching films and football.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
              Got the full package, been with them for many years now. They through in free HD for sports as I threatened to migrate elsewhere. Don't have Internet with them as its piss poor. Overall though, can't fault it. Picture quality is excellent and 4k HD is brilliant when watching films and football.
              our internet has been fine through sky,,4k is one of the reasons for upgrading though

Comment

not getting installed until 22nd Dec

Comment

I've the full package too.
                  cant fault it. also have it in our 3 bedrooms.

if you record anything from any of the boxes, it can be viewed in any of the other boxes....so if you record the football downstairs, you can watch it in the room.

also the boxes are run off the wifi, so no cables running up and down from the dish.

and you can record up to 8 different programs at the same time.
                  my main box is a 2 terabyte box, so plenty of storage too.....and the new controls for the main unit are voice activated, so you just press the button on the side, say the name and it searches for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                    I've the full package too.
                    cant fault it. also have it in our 3 bedrooms.

if you record anything from any of the boxes, it can be viewed in any of the other boxes....so if you record the football downstairs, you can watch it in the room.

also the boxes are run off the wifi, so no cables running up and down from the dish.

and you can record up to 8 different programs at the same time.
                    my main box is a 2 terabyte box, so plenty of storage too.....and the new controls for the main unit are voice activated, so you just press the button on the side, say the name and it searches for it.
                    yeah,were getting a mini box,whatever that is, for upstairs,,but its the 4k im looking forward to,had a big curved 4k telly for over a year,and haven't seen the true quality yet

Comment

I have had sky Q for ages and we have a 65" curve 4k telly and the picture quality is really good but really would love a new 4k OLED tv for xmas, we have sky q minni boxes in the bedrooms which are really good but can be a pain if internet drops out as you have to reset them all .

Comment

[QUOTE we have a 65" curve 4k telly [/QUOTE]

Snap .

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          [QUOTE we have a 65" curve 4k telly

Snap .[/QUOTE]

You cant beat a nice curvy tv .

Comment

Don’t forget you can download stuff from the boxes to watch via the Sky q app on a phone or tablet as well if you are going somewhere or just stream if on Wi-fi in the house.

We’ve got one mini box and I just move it between the front room and upstairs as required. Doddle to do plus they act as Wi-fi extenders which is handy for a couple of black spots we use to have in the house.

Comment

Hi all.

I've had sky q since it launched over a year and a half ago and paid good money for it.

I originally got a 2tb box along with a mini sky box to put in another room which ran on internet. We never did use it ha.

The bill was like 80 quid a month for what was a glorified baby TV box (the little one wanted nothing else).

We got on the phone and haggled them down to 46 quid but this meant that I wouldn't be able to keep the little mini box. No loss I thought.

Well turns out you don't get 4k TV without this mini box. You are required to have the multi room package to allow for the 4k. I've argued this to the end of the world and got no where. I've yet to see a single 4k broadcast on the box.

Apart from that it's miles ahead of the old hd boxes. Just make sure you have a decent internet connection for downloading catch up etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X