No announcement yet.

facelift dash loom/harness part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facelift dash loom/harness part number?

when one of you guys that is pulling out your factory sat navs for whatever reason on your facelift Insignia can you please make a note of the any part numbers you can see on the wiring harness that connects to the sat nav unit, pretty please...

Thanks

Originally posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    when one of you guys that is pulling out your factory sat navs for whatever reason on your facelift Insignia can you please make a note of the any part numbers you can see on the wiring harness that connects to the sat nav unit, pretty please...

Thanks
    I'm thinking of selling my whole system. I'm thinking of selling the car. After January

Comment

have you got the itch to move on to a different model or make? The wife's Insignia may well be our last VX although i really like the shape of the Insigina B hatchbacks, however i have no wish to own a Peugeot derived car so will not have one beyond that... Not wanting this the thread to go down the route of others on that subject I will leave my views on that matter...

We all have our reasons for why we choose a make or model or car... Above all and for the most part its personal choice so I hope you find the droid you are looking for...

Comment

My step daughter got awarded higher mobility so no need to have my car really.

They do a mercedes GLA or might get the Kuga titanium X

It's a shame I still like my car.

Comment

you will no doubt do what is best for your and your family... Shame about loosing the Insignia though..

I think i have bagged myself a facelift sat nav dash loom, just gotta finalise the details with the seller. I will take some pics of it with its various connections and list the part number for furture reference..

Comment

you will no doubt do what is best for your and your family... Shame about loosing the Insignia though..

I think i have bagged myself a facelift sat nav dash loom, just gotta finalise the details with the seller. I will take some pics of it with its various connections and list the part number for furture reference..
            Not entirely sure it would be plug and play as the sat navs I've done are custom made and go to various canbus wires.

Just don't want to buying something that might be useless

Comment

loom from a car of same age with same sat nav i want to fit, seems like its worth a punt to me...

Comment

loom from a car of same age with same sat nav i want to fit, seems like its worth a punt to me...
                You can try however fitting anything after factory is never that simple.

Comment

Comment

It's not my first rodeo dude.. It will be fine, all part of modifying cars, a learning experience. Looms can be modified if needed or new ones made but a factory example makes a good starting point as always...

I am the one that's dying and I have less doom and gloom....

Comment

well the harness went in fine.. An extra wire need to be added to power the memory seats, not sure why that would be missing.. However not too hard a job tbh, easier if you have two guys though, one to do the passenger side and one do the driver's side.

The harnesses are not part numbered and appear to be made to order.. Anyway the Navi 900 and the digital cluster are working perfectly. The Android CarPlay is fun and will be something to play with down the line. Mouse/touchpad to get used to as well. Some tweaks still needed before this can be considered a done deal but chuffed to bits with the retrofit so far..

Click image for larger version

Name:	dash retrofit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	242989

Comment

I bet your balls are as bit as footballs....I wouldn't have the bottle to tackle that.....Nice job!
                        Last edited by marko301; 22-03-2019, 03:43 PM.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          I bet your balls are as bit as footballs....I wouldn't have to bottle to tackle that.....Nice job!
                          Cannon balls! Well done.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Wtf !!!! Nice work!
                            The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

so what have you gained by doing this retrofit,,,sorry if ive missed it
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X