Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these symptoms of?

Hello got Insignia A20NHT automatic
    Sometimes when I slow down while the gearbox lever is on manual selector if the car wants to shift down from 3rd to 2nd gear the shift is not smooth but if while shifting from 3rd to 2nd I was pressing brake pedal firmly the shift is very smooth

Now if I manually shift from third to 2nd gear the shift is smooth

Is it time to change gearbox oil? Or is this normal? Or the gearbox mount is worn out?
    Kindly advise as this is my first car with automatic gearbox
    I used to drive manuals for long time

Not sure, but it might be because the steering wheel is on the wrong side

Only joking mate...
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I think mine is smoother on downshifts if I'm braking.

Comment

What's the mileage on your car? Car and transmission manufacturers who say that their auto transmission oil never needs to be changed are talking horseshit from my experience.

I had a BMW with automatic transmission with 200 000 km on the clock (124 000 miles), of which transmission oil was said to last forever (even by BMW), but I decided to change it anyway after reading some scary **** on the internet. Turned out the transmission oil had changed so that it looked more like dirty water than actual oil. It was a miracle the transmission even worked. After draining and flushing it completely (the process was done in a shop with special equipment) the gear changes were much smoother compared to previous. It did have a remarkable effect after oil change, and after observing what the oil had turned into it was a comforting feeling to drive afterwards.

I read somewhere that automatic transmission oil should usually be changed at the latest on 200 000 km (124 000 mile) mark, so i definitely can recommend it even with lower mileage, because bad oil will eventually cause some issues. From what I heard on higher mileage cars the oil change should be done by professionals to get it completely flushed of the old oil and dirt residues.

Comment

Originally posted by karsta View Post
          What's the mileage on your car? Car and transmission manufacturers who say that their auto transmission oil never needs to be changed are talking horseshit from my experience.

I had a BMW with automatic transmission with 200 000 km on the clock (124 000 miles), of which transmission oil was said to last forever (even by BMW), but I decided to change it anyway after reading some scary **** on the internet. Turned out the transmission oil had changed so that it looked more like dirty water than actual oil. It was a miracle the transmission even worked. After draining and flushing it completely (the process was done in a shop with special equipment) the gear changes were much smoother compared to previous. It did have a remarkable effect after oil change, and after observing what the oil had turned into it was a comforting feeling to drive afterwards.

I read somewhere that automatic transmission oil should usually be changed at the latest on 200 000 km (124 000 mile) mark, so i definitely can recommend it even with lower mileage, because bad oil will eventually cause some issues. From what I heard on higher mileage cars the oil change should be done by professionals to get it completely flushed of the old oil and dirt residues.
          The car now is 92,700 km

Comment

Working...
          X