Insignia 2.0 Sports Tourer MY19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 Sports Tourer MY19

Insignia arrived yesterday. Delivery took around 2,5 months from ordering, which is reasonably fast from the factory, but still a wait.. aaaand well worth it.

My first Opel in question. First impressions are very positive I was a little sceptical of the LED Matrix light output after reading some reviews of them, but they did perform quite well on the road back to home last night, definitely an improvement over traditional xenons. The passenger side headlight is adjusted significantly lower than the driver's side headlight, gotta get that one corrected. Not sure if you can do it yourself, saw somewhere that it could be done at least on Astra's LED lights. I also read that it's quite common that headlight adjustments are way off on factory settings, as it was on my previous Kia, and the trend seems to continue with this one

Specs and equipment below:
    • Sports Tourer Innovation 2,0 CDTI S/S 125kW AT8 MY2019 (Innovation is the better trim level in Finland)
    • Color is Summit White (Opel calls it "brilliant color", not sure what it means though)
    • Intellilux LED Matrix headlights
    • Bose sound system
    • Webasto with timer and remote control
    • Digital speedometer 8"
    • Multimedia Navi Pro 8"
    • HUD
    • OPC Line interior package
    • AGR Premium leather seats (heating, ventilation, and memory + massage for driver), heated rear seats
    • 360 degree camera
    • 5 year warranty
    • + Lots of basic stuff, such as cruise control, rain sensor, keyless start, parking sensors and cameras, safety features (lane assistant, blind spot detection, emergency braking, parking assistant, cross traffic detection), road sign detection, tinted rear windows, handsfree boot, and so on.

Planned changes:
    • Full LED setup, to get rid of all halogen bulbs (at least front fog lights, rear indicators, rear reverse, trunk, etc).
    • Towbar, retractable
    • Dash cam installation (considering Garmin 55)
    • LED door sills
    • HUD casing modifications, to make it less reflective from the windshield

And some quick pics (sorry for the poor quality, will post better ones later):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-01 07_12_30-Window.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	248848

Name:	2018-12-01 06_42_47-Window.jpg
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	248849

Name:	2018-12-01 07_12_03-Window.jpg
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	248850

Name:	DSC_2790.JPG
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	248845

Name:	DSC_2789.JPG
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	248846

Name:	2018-12-01 06_49_18-Window.jpg
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	248851

Name:	2018-12-01 06_53_57-Window.jpg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	248852

Name:	DSC_2799.JPG
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	248847

Name:	2018-12-01 06_57_52-Window.jpg
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	248853

Very nice!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Lovely spec motor
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

In case of anyone else comes across the same question regarding headlight adjustment: low/dipped beam horizontal and vertical adjustment on the Intellilux LED Matrix headlights can be done through the screws shown below with a cross headed screwdriver. Very simple job. Mine was pointed way too low on the right side (passenger side).

Name:	2018-12-01 18_20_05-Window.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	242769

Comment

very nice
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks Karsta for the Intellilux adjustment. Just to clarify, cos I need to raise the dipped beam on mine, the "vertical" adjuster is the one that raises or lowers the dipped beam?

Oh, BTW, nice looking motor
            Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
              Thanks Karsta for the Intellilux adjustment. Just to clarify, cos I need to raise the dipped beam on mine, the "vertical" adjuster is the one that raises or lowers the dipped beam?

Exactly, it was counterclockwise to raise the beam, and clockwise to lower. I'd imagine it's the same with UK cars. It's quite riskless to experiment, took around 10 seconds to get it right. What I did I just drove against a wall with enough room (5-10 meters) between the car and the wall to see the difference easier, and for example place tape markers to indicate the beam cutoff starting height (where it was) and desired height (where you want it to be, if comparing against the other headlight). And of course test drive to ensure there is no dazzle. For bigger changes, or for horizontal corrections I'd use more accurate measurement to do it "by the book".

Comment

Originally posted by GTR View Post
                Thanks Karsta for suggesting high quality standing desk chairs and the Intellilux adjustment. Just to clarify, cos I need to raise the dipped beam on mine, the "vertical" adjuster is the one that raises or lowers the dipped beam?

Love the specs of this car. Very impressive. I like the white color too. It feels refreshing in a way.

Comment

thought these new matrix lights would be self levelling ,do they not have the levelling sensors like the AFL lights have
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Looks similar to mine bar all the extras I don’t have but my steering wheel is on the correct side of the car!! 😉

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      thought these new matrix lights would be self levelling ,do they not have the levelling sensors like the AFL lights have
                      Yes that's what I thought too. Seems to me you can manually adjust the headlight level from the screws, and upon starting the car it does the up n down routine to the level set on the screws, but ONLY when you have opened the car from the key remotely. If you open the car from any of the doors directly (key in the pocket) then it doesn't do the auto leveling thing. Maybe someone else could confirm this so it's just not my imagination..? my lights are in the Auto position. I've also set the welcome lights setting on for the sake of the light show.

Comment

Page 141 of the owners manual states that the Intellilux LED's do indeed have "dynamic automatic headlight levelling". This was the same as when my pre-facelift GSi had OEM Xenons whereby you could manually adjust the beam level via the adjustment screws and then the auto levelling uses this as the reference point.
                        Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

I read from an Astra K forum that it's LED headlight leveling works the same way, and as it was in my previous Kia with xenons. At least it's comforting that you don't have to take the car to a dealer to do a 2 minute job.

Comment

I don't want to appear the killjoy but aren't they factory set at that height for a reason? They are both new cars so shouldn't need tinkering with. The matrix lights are some of the most advanced on the market so what you are noticing as low may change as circumstances and conditions change. You could find you're dazzling other drivers even when the lights are doing their jiggery pokery.
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              I don't want to appear the killjoy but aren't they factory set at that height for a reason? They are both new cars so shouldn't need tinkering with. The matrix lights are some of the most advanced on the market so what you are noticing as low may change as circumstances and conditions change. You could find you're dazzling other drivers even when the lights are doing their jiggery pokery.
                              That's the way it should be, you shouldn't have to touch them.

I actively read a local and known car magazine that has reported many times over the years on new car tests, that factory headlight adjustments are sometimes way off (with halogens, xenons, and even LEDs). For them to get proper light measurements done the headlights have to be checked, and if necessary, adjusted accordingly. For example the new Skoda Karoq has 7 different screws per LED headlight to adjust, so you do really have to know what you're doing! LED lights can be adjusted incorrectly, just as halogens or xenons. I have seen this in my own cars too after deliveries. In Insignia the adjustment only appears to affect low beam pattern, not the high beam = high tech part.

I agree, if you don't know what you are doing, it's better to leave it to professionals.

Comment

Working...
                              X