X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock boot with keyfob

Hi all.

My car is a my14 insignia elite hatch.

I have the two keys that came with the car but they only have lock/unlock and no option to unlock the boot.

Both keys have blank bottom halfs.

Is there away to unlock the boot so I don't have to find the release catch when carrying shopping?

Failing that I've noticed there are a few keys on Ali express. Would swapping the inards of my key with one of these work?

Thank you

Boot pop is only available on estate versions as far as I am aware I used to have an Astra that had the same blank key button

Comment

only available on the estates,and saloons,im afraid
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

In my experience i only know 1 person that has a remote boot opening on the Hatchback, this is on a 2009 model.

Comment

Hmmm possible retrofit? Can't imagine that it isn't already installed. They just don't give it a option on the key. Maybe due to the hatch opening quite high which would be a issue in the car park.

Comment

There is no power in the struts and the hatch is pretty heavy
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

plasma Dean can you research into Dom's insignia, he has key remote boot opening on his hatchback, his is the only insignia hatchback i seen with it, i'm sure if you can get it working on another hatchback you have lot's of business.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                In my experience i only know 1 person that has a remote boot opening on the Hatchback, this is on a 2009 model.
                I have a 2009 Elite hatch & I have the boot pop button as well as the lock/unlock buttons. Not wishing to brag

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
                  I have a 2009 Elite hatch & I have the boot pop button as well as the lock/unlock buttons. Not wishing to brag
                  We need video evidence of it

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                    plasma Dean can you research into Dom's insignia, he has key remote boot opening on his hatchback, his is the only insignia hatchback i seen with it, i'm sure if you can get it working on another hatchback you have lot's of business.
                    No harm in having a look, will have a nosey at EPC tonight see whats going on
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                      No harm in having a look, will have a nosey at EPC tonight see whats going on
                      Be great if you could get it working

Comment

Working...
                      X