Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFL lights... how to change the H11 bulbs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL lights... how to change the H11 bulbs?!

As above... randomly get the AFL fault on the dash, usually when turning the wheel but can come on immediately upon starting the car without moving the wheel or not at al after a 200 mile round trip... anyway!

Tried removing the bumper today and couldn’t get enough off or see what was still holding the headlight units in. Any tips on changing the H11 bulbs? I understand it’s a typical fix for the AFL fault

you can change bulbs by removing the round inspection caps,,its tight to get the cornering bulbs,but do able
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      you can change bulbs by removing the round inspection caps,,its tight to get the cornering bulbs,but do able
      I had a look but there appeared to be two screws holding the bulb in (or maybe just the connector?) which looked impossible to get to - is this right?

Comment

it should come out after a quarter turn
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Or just get halfruads to do it for you for a tenner and save your knuckles

Comment

The old girl was doing exactly the same did a service about 5 months ago plugged it into the mates/mechanic laptop cleared all faults and then moved each h/light through all movement and cycle I've had no faults since hope this helps i was thinking all sorts of faults but was a simple fix

Comment

Originally posted by big b View Post
              The old girl was doing exactly the same did a service about 5 months ago plugged it into the mates/mechanic laptop cleared all faults and then moved each h/light through all movement and cycle I've had no faults since hope this helps i was thinking all sorts of faults but was a simple fix
              How did you move them through all movement and cycle? Is that a servicing procedure that can be accessed?

Comment

It can be done via the laptop with the proper software i don't no what he was using I just know it was the correct up to date i can find out if you give me a couple of days but my impression was any correct software will do this

Comment

Working...
                X