Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Absorbers for Elite (flexride?)

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any advice about which type of shock absorbers I’ll need for my insignia, 2009 2.0 Petrol Elite Nav with sports and tour buttons, does that mean its flexride?

Any advice on where to buy too?

Car is very bouncy at the moment...

yes,flexride,and theyre expensive
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Try contacting these guys, much cheaper than dealers
      We have the widest range of car parts available in Yorkshire, suitable for all the most popular makes and models. Free UK Delivery available. Shop Online today.

We have the widest range of car parts available in Yorkshire, suitable for all the most popular makes and models. Free UK Delivery available. Shop Online today.

Let us know how you get on as there are quite a few of us with Flexride
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Anyone know of anywhere for relatively budget shock absorbers that will fit the flexride system WITHOUT being flexride? ie I’m happy to ditch the sport suspension

Comment

Originally posted by ANorthwich View Post
          Anyone know of anywhere for relatively budget shock absorbers that will fit the flexride system WITHOUT being flexride? ie I’m happy to ditch the sport suspension
          youll get check suspension warnings all the time,if you don't fit like ,for like
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

you may be able to get someone to deactivate the warning light in the cluster but error codes will remain throughout the car though
            Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
            questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              youll get check suspension warnings all the time,if you don't fit like ,for like
              I thought the same but I definitely do not have flexride on my car anymore (2009 reg)

I’m thinking one of the four previous owners must have installed third party shocks previously?

Comment

Has anyone actually seen these errors? Genuine question

Comment

Has anyone actually seen these errors? Genuine question
                  yes,after changing springs on a 2.0T with flexride,service suspension used to come up on dash for some reason ,vx couldn't even sort it out,we didn't even touch the shocks

put exactly the same springs on my car,,never had the message once

Comment

yes,after changing springs on a 2.0T with flexride,service suspension used to come up on dash for some reason ,vx couldn't even sort it out,we didn't even touch the shocks

put exactly the same springs on my car,,never had the message once
                    were they lowering springs by any chance? If so the min/max range of the level sensor could be outside of the calibration range it was expecting to see with the standard ones fitted
                    Tools Owned - MDI2 / Tech2 & lots more!
                    questions for me? email me at plasmasrepairs@gmail DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                      were they lowering springs by any chance? If so the min/max range of the level sensor could be outside of the calibration range it was expecting to see with the standard ones fitted
                      they were mate,but I fitted exact same ones to mine a few weeks before,,with no probs,the petrol one didn't like them at all ,,only difference is ,mines a 15,and petrol was a 16,,but both have flexride

also fitted lowering springs to my old biturbo,which had flexride,,,no probs on that one either

Comment

Originally posted by plasma View Post
                        I like this idea but wouldn’t the same come up when people had broken coil springs? I mean maybe they do?

Comment

they were mate,but I fitted exact same ones to mine a few weeks before,,with no probs,the petrol one didn't like them at all ,,only difference is ,mines a 15,and petrol was a 16,,but both have flexride

also fitted lowering springs to my old biturbo,which had flexride,,,no probs on that one either
                          Hmmm so one gave errors and the other didn’t though?

I see what you’re saying but I just can’t believe mine would have gone this long and still have flexride shocks, I really can’t feel any difference at all when I put it in sport or tour.

Is there a way to tell for sure if my actual shocks on my car are still flexrides? Preferably without removing them 🙄😂

Comment

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any advice about which type of shock absorbers I’ll need for my insignia, 2009 2.0 Petrol Elite Nav with sports and tour buttons, does that mean its flexride?

Any advice on where to buy too?

Car is very bouncy at the moment...
                            I bought 4 all round on my BiTurbo. Spent months seeking alternatives. None available. In my opinion no point in buying a second hand shock. Either genuine or ditch the flexride. I opted for genuine. See thread.

Comment

I fitted eibach biturbo springs to my elite estate last yr and no problems

Comment

Working...
                              X