Infotainment problems with android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infotainment problems with android

Has anyone ever experienced problems connecting their samsung s8+ or above via the usb cable to their infotainment system navi 900?

I have a vauxhall insignia 14 plate but love nor money indent connect via usb. Bluetooth is fine. Any advice or helpnis hugely apreciated as its doing my head in now and the vauxhall dealers are useless.

What are you trying to do when connecting by USB? Is it the Intellilink Navi RF900 you have?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ok. Are you changing what the phone wants to do when connecting to a USB?
      When connected swipe down and choose transfer option not just charging.

Then your phone will be listed under media.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

and hello to you too

Comment

Evening.

I've connected my phone and it asks if allow or deny. I press allow and then after a while it flicks up with another message to say the connected device is unable to access data on this device. Reconnect and try again.

The dash when go to audio setting sees you have Samsung galaxy connected but also has android underneath of it. When you try and search albums, it keeps saying downloading but nothing happens just the red twirly thing in to left hand corner.

Comment

Yes i do think it's the RF 900. IPhones connect to it no problems. But I need my Samsung to connect fully. Everything else works perfectly just doesn't allow me to see my songs. It's worked on its own once in 6 months and when it did it done it on its own. I've spent ages trying to sort it but everything I try gets me nowhere. Vauxhall blame Samsung Samsung blame vauxhall.

Comment

Will be how the Samsung is set up. Check USB settings allow data. Are your songs on phone or sd card? Depending how it's set up I'm guessing it's either not allowing access to sd card, or card is too big, or system is getting stuck trying to index everything on your card.
              Try moving some music to phone. Try without sd card. Samsung never plays nice with anything, too much of their own crap getting in the way.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Connecting via USB is a completely digital connection that often results in the best possible sound quality and allows drivers to select music safely from the dashboard.

Make sure you let system build its index

Comment

Why don't you just copy the music to a USB stick? Much easier
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

My 2015 Intellilink hates any Samsung and will actually make the infotainment crash and restart (Have tried S5 and S8) That's on the latest update for HMI 2.0 from the dealers last year. My iPhone connects no problems.

I use music through a USB stick and have no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Why don't you just copy the music to a USB stick? Much easier
                      And phone still fully connected using Bluetooth. In fact android now supports full audio over Bluetooth same as USB

Comment

Sorry about quality and for some reason sound went waffy. But video shows you android phone just connected by bluetooth and able to search all music. By the way all that music is stored online (Onedrive) not actually on the phone, so on the phone it is instant. Wasnt a great internet connection where i was.

Comment

Working...
                        X