Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird "drifting" feeling

Hi all.

A little bit of a weird one and I was wondering if someone has experienced the same type of thing.

Originally when I got the car I drove fine. No major issues with how it felt.

Due to a knocking noise the drive shaft was replaced. Since then the cars felt slightly different.

It's hard for me to describe but it kinda feels like the the car pulls to a side depending on hitting a bump and it's quite sudden. More to the left than the right.

Any ideas?

They may have upset the camber set up if the camber is adjustable on these cars

Comment

worn bottom ball joints can make a car "wander" too
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Have you checked that everything is done up tight,wheel nuts etc--I would check everything and why don't you take it back to the mechanic/garage that done the drive shaft------Dave

Comment

Wandering over bumps suggests worn lower ball joints or the wheels set to toe out.

Actually my geo was knocked out to toe out and it darted about like crazy over rough surfaces and tramlined badly.

I'd do simple checks on the bushes and ball joints and bolts, then move to getting a garage to doing a full geo.

Comment

Car went in today and had its wheel bearing and top mount replaced. Not had chance to test it yet so fingers crossed this has fixed the issue.

Comment

Sorry for the double post but it did fix the drifting feel.

Comment

Working...
              X