Memory leather seat install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory leather seat install

So mate bought a full leather interior for his limited edition Sri vx line it's from an elite, all is in for now apart from drivers, he had heated cloth seats and steering wheel, but on fitting front passenger seat the heated doesn't work, which is odd neither does the height adjustment.
    So recon I will be buying it off of him as he ain't sure about the leather and the fact that the heated part doesn't work for him, something I don't have.

Only thing is if I put them in obviously I will change the tensioners as they are coded, but the only issue I see is the drivers seat for me, and whether or not I will manage to get the drivers to move forward and back electrically if I don't have that in mines, mines is just the lever any ideas folks.....

Wonder if I could remove the lower frames from the elites and just put on the manual lever set up, surely the electrically adjustment frames etc just unbolt and I can add my manual lever set up.

Think out aloud, am pretty sure the the level on the cloth will be on a racket system that maybe the leccy seat won't have either, anyone got an experience with this, as I really wanna fit the leathers.

Comment

You need to add wiring if your fitting elite memory seats.

Comment

Yeah but what I don't understand is he has the heated cloth seats, just not the electrically adjustable forward and back and tilt, so am surprised his heated doesn't work in the elites.

Anyway if I fit into my non heated what kind of wiring will I need, is it the loom or different pin connector in order for me to have the movement of the seats, heated I don't care about.

Comment

tensioners are not coded to car
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You sure, anyway he used the tensioners from his own and I will do the same, it's more about the forward and back and tilt, lumber.

Comment

and chances are,the heatpads could be goosed
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Anyone know what it entails fitting the elite leathers into my vx line cloth manual adjustment, bottom of frames off?? And change the elites from leccy adjustable to manual.

Comment

Originally posted by VXLINER View Post
                  You sure, anyway he used the tensioners from his own and I will do the same, it's more about the forward and back and tilt, lumber.
                  positive,ive done it before

Comment

Very possible the heated is goosed on the elites, but if I can get them in without the heated I ain't to worried, as I would need the panel also, but I don't really care for the heated it's just the rest. In his the leccy button for the heated goes on then switches off after about 30 seconds with the elites but with the cloths in it works fine well weird.

Comment

Originally posted by VXLINER View Post
                      then switches off after about 30 seconds

sure sign,theyre goosed

Comment

Where about are you? If your in the North West I will probably be the best person to help.

You can remove the trim from the Leather and fit to your original seats, but quite easy to rip if you don't take your time.

Pretensioner traceability data, airbag traceability data and buckle traceability data will be stored by the Opel/Vauxhall plant paired with the Vin/Sono of the car but nothing is coded to the car's ecu - it just checks part numbers present during the initial coding.

Comment

ah i see, mate was told the pre tentioners were coded, btw am in Scotland. Was thinking just to strip the bottom frames

Comment

Only way will be take the trim off the leather seats and swap over to your current seats.

The front seat back also has the electric motor so unless its in the perfect position for you now you will not be able to adjust it.

Comment

Working...
                            X