Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 2.0 CDTI Seized now freed and running... was it even seized???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 2.0 CDTI Seized now freed and running... was it even seized???

Deleted

the oil seal between the pump and pick up pipe fails on these engine,usually on the older higher mileage cars,resulting in bottom end failure/seizure. but if yours is running again with no noises ,don't know what to suggest tbh
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I would get the timing checked as the belt may have jumped a tooth or 2??? Get a code reader (OPCOM or similar) on it to see if anything is stored
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Deleted

Comment

It sounds very strange. To be diagnosed as seized to then kick back to life again without any new parts? I've heard of a Corsa doing the same thing a while back though. It turned out that the oil had gone that think that none of the engine would turn. Draining it and changing the timing fixed it.

I would get this to a mechanic or even one you call out to once over the engine. I would advised against using any engine flush treatment. Only heard bad things about them. Drain the oil and put new oil in it. Check the timing of the engine and timing belt see if that's the issue.

Keep us updated please.

Comment

Deleted

Comment

Working...
            X