Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navi 600 cannot read USB or SD card

Hi all, i'm new on here.

I've recently bought an Insignia CDTI 2013. The navi 600 will not read both the correctly formatted USB pen, and the vauxhall 2013 SD mapping card.
    I've tried disconnecting the battery and all those steps as discussed on another post on this site, but nothing works.
    I know the vauxhall sd card works perfectly as I've tried it in an identical car.
    I was wondering if someone would put up a link to upgrade the 600 to a 900, as this seems like the only thing I haven't tried (apart from the £90 an hour diagnostic charge offered by vauxhall).

Or if someone would at least point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

Gary

Hi welcome to the forum, im just wondering if the usb/sd module is faulty or cable damaged/stretched. To pop out the module insert something on the side (both side) of the module just below the edge and you should feel it release.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I know the usb is connected ok because it charges my phone no problem.

I'll check though..

Comment

I did check and the problem still remains. So frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Carswell View Post
          I did check and the problem still remains. So frustrating!
          Replace the module it has been known to fail.

Comment

Thanks Ray. I've been round all the local scrap yards looking for a module but no joy. Ebay it is. I'll let you know rhe outcome

Comment

In the meantime here is the guide you asked for

Comment

Hi Gary,
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi Chili and thankyou for the link.
                  As my usb/sd card do not register on the Navi 600, I'll not be able to upgrade until after the module replacement.
                  I will be upgrading using the link you provided, Thankyou.
                  Gary

Comment

Is the map card an original?

Comment

Hi Chili,
                      Yes it's an original Vauxhall/Opel card and I've tested it in another Insignia and it works fine.

Comment

Fixed! It turned out to be a faulty module as suggested on an earlier post.
                        I'm a tad hesitant to upgrade the 600 to a 900 because the 600 is working correctly now, but I'll post any update if I do this.
                        Thanks all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Carswell View Post
                          Fixed! It turned out to be a faulty module as suggested on an earlier post.
                          I'm a tad hesitant to upgrade the 600 to a 900 because the 600 is working correctly now, but I'll post any update if I do this.
                          Thanks all.
                          Fantastic news pal. Glad you got it all working again.
                          The main benefits of the upgrade is 3D maps where you see a sky and not just a top view, audible POI alerts as you come close to proximity, and custom themes.
                          Message me if you need the files and themes for upgrades.

Comment

Thanks a lot Ray!

Comment

Working...
                            X