Towbar Electrics advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towbar Electrics advice

Looking for advice on wiring electrics for my towbar, I got a 2nd hand towbar from the breakers yard for my 2014 Insignia hatchback and fitted it today. The towbar came with 13 pin electrics and 7 way smart bypass relay ryder tf2218/7h smart logic and a ryder TF1170-3 super smart combi 30 amp.
    From what I can see the smart bypass relay is for the lights and the super smart combi 30 amp is for charging the caravan battery and poweringthe fridge.

Where is the best place to tap into the lights for the smart bypass relay, I had the rear light clusters out when I removed the bumper to fit the towbar and the wires going to the lights seem to be very thin?

I got it done today I ran a cable from the battery to the boot for an independant 12v for the bypass relay and the smart combi. I used the wiring loom under the rear fuse bow to tap into the lights getting the wire colours from the connector at the light cluster I only had to run 1 cable to the other light cluster for the indicator, all tested at the 13 pin socket just need to double check on my caravan.

Comment

Working...
    X