Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 gearbox - remap

Hi all.

My insignia was remapped from its org 140 bhp to -190 and torque from 350 - 400.

Had no issues apart from the other day I was in 5th coming off a sliproad and onto another motorway. Engine was heated up along with the transmission. Car had being running for 25 mph at 70 mph at this point.

I placed my foot down felt some pull and saw my revs shoot up to 3000 rpm where it held. (I was doing 60 at this point) like the clutch was slipping. I removed my foot from the accelerator and placed it down again where it then accelerated as normal.

At first I thought this might be the clutch slipping though it's never done this when the engine and clutch is cold.

Any ideas?

I'd say it'd either be clutch slip or wheel spin. How many miles are on the clutch?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakelly112 View Post
      I'd say it'd either be clutch slip or wheel spin. How many miles are on the clutch?
      I first thought clutch. It's at 65k now. I'm it's second owner so I'm unsure what type of life this clutch has had.

I also read up on a thread wit the F40 in the VXR. Apparently the extra torque caused the clutch to spin due to the pressure plates not having enough pressure on the clutch.

Edit:. Further playing around got to the same point and put my foot down. Same again. Revs shot up and then eventually dropped. I kept dropping my speed to 60mph and put my foot down in 5th gear. Same happening again.

Third time it stopped doing it. I tested it a further 2 times and couldn't get it to do it.

Further test. I placed it and second and planted my.foot and there was no slipping.

Could this be the gear box?

Comment

my old one occasionly did it,,in 3rd only,when booting uphill,,was told by a vx teccy that sometimes the self adjusters in the clutch plate get gunked up with dust and can stick. wouldn't worry about your remap figures,the f40 is designed to handle 400nm anyway
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Just a thought,do you smell the clutch in the cabin?
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I had a Vectra 1.9CDTI which was remapped to 192bhp, 340 lb/ft and 450nm torque, that I regularly 'exercised', over the 8 years I had it, and never ever had a problem of the sort described.

For info the 'F40' box has a nominal torque limit of 400 nm, and the 'M32' box a limit of 320nm.

I believe it is generally accepted that these limits can be safely exceeded on a 'sensible' basis.

Perhaps fitting the M32 box to an Astra VXR may not have been such a good idea LOL

Comment

I think you mean
              Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
              Perhaps fitting the M32 box may not have been such a good idea LOL

Comment

Yep, after having F40 boxes on my previous 2 cars, I just hope the M32 is as well-behaved.

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                  Just a thought,do you smell the clutch in the cabin?

There's being no smell from the clutch since I've owned the car. I've yet to have the car in a garage to check but I'm thinking it's the pressure plate that's worn with age and could handle the 350 nm pre remap but the torque in the higher gears is causing the clutch the slip.

I've just being taking it easy. It doesn't slip in the lower gears and I will continue to monitor.

IL just use 4th then 6th ha

Comment

Working...
                  X