Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Tourer and Dogs

Hi,
    I currently drive an (old) Astra and am thinking of buying the, slightly larger, Insignia tourer to accommodate my German Shepherd. obviously I need to fit a kennel in the back but am worried that the sloping roofline may make it difficult to install a decent sized kennel and will rob the dog of decent headspace. Does anyone have any pics/details of the kennels that they have fitted to the Insignia?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Stu

Back in 2015, we had a facelift Country Tourer, so the same rear/boot as the ST. At the time we had a 24kg lurcher who just about managed to sit and stand up in the boot without a cage. Only had the CT for 12 months and part ex'd it for a SsangYong Rexton with loads of headroom for the dog and even had to partition off the boot to make her feel more "enclosed".

Now back with an Insignia B ST and now with a 35kg greyhound. Headroom is still an issue, not as bad as the CT but have now decided the car's for us, not the dog. Anyway, he now spends most of the time in the boot lying down sleeping, such is the breed.

IMO, a good quality cage won't rob you of much headroom but have you tried your GS in the boot even without the cage? Maybe consider just a dog guard with a divider? Travall do a substantial one but the divider can only be positioned to give a 50/50 split and this was tight even for our lurcher. Guardsman also do a good range but can't see the ST listed. They made a bespoke divider for our Rexton so maybe yours is doable.

Or this one but at a price https://www.transk9.com/select/opel/...ourer-2008/b1/
    Insignia B Sports Tourer Elite 170 manual, Flip Chip.

Comment

Have a 36kg Dobermann with an ST. However, he is a short Dobermann and fits. A normal height one would not fit and I think a German Shepherd would be taller than a Dobermann.

I was told that some people remove the boot floor and place a piece of plywood over the spare wheel (there is a space under the boot floor.

Why not go to a dealer with an ST, express concern to the salesperson and ask if you can take the dog to see if he/she fits....you will be under no obligation to buy.

Comment

Forgot to add no cage in the back.....if I put a cage in the back it would have to be so low the dog would not be able to get in it.

Comment

Working...
        X