Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

service trak light on 60 plate Insignia, help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service trak light on 60 plate Insignia, help please!

My partner was driving his 60 plate Insignia earlier on when the service trak light came on and the car stopped.

He has had a look at a couple of videos on You Tube and it looks as if it may be the ABS system, but he had his back brakes replaced yesterday, the pads and discs. Could this be part of the fault?

Please can anyone give a rather worried lady any help understanding what this might be?

Thanks in advance.

First thing I would be doing is getting in touch with the garage who has done the repairs,if you did not have any problems before they carried out the work then you should get them back to have a look at it.not sure what a service trak is too----Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave, he's going to do that in the morning, it's strange the brake pads and discs were changed yesterday and now this happens. Fingers crossed that's all it is.

Comment

Well I would certainly think that they have done something with the brakes to cause this problem,lets hope its sorted out and they give you some discount for the inconvenience------Dave

Comment

Probably knocked an abs sensor which would bring up ‘service stability trax’ which is basically the abs.

Unless they pushed the brake fluid back through the system when winding the caliper back and its done something to the abs unit. Not sure if thats possible but someone more knowledgeable will be along in a bit

Comment

You don’t say which model the car is. When the coil pack went in my 1.8VVT Insignia, amongst other things I was getting the StabiliTrak warning thrown up.

Comment

Working...
            X