Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My insignia 2.0 cdti remap review

Hello all.

I just thought that I would post my feelings and view of the remap I had on my 2014 insignia 140bhp over a month ago.

Firstly my car is a ecoflex elite with the F40 box. It had 60k on its clock and had no issues prior to the map.

The map itself was done by one of SLT remapping agents and was done on the drive at my home.

The agent did a obd scan of the car to see if there were any issues and then did a quick check of the engine. He then got to work.

He removed the ECU from the car and then separated the housing for it relieving the main board. Step by step he explained what he was doing. I stood by and watched each step.

He then attached the board to his bench which was then connected to his computer. The file was removed and uploaded to SLT in Sheffield. At the time of doing there were a few maps awaiting editing so there was a short wait of 15 minutes.

Once installed he placed it all back together and plugged it back into the car.

We did a trial drive to test for smoke or engine warning lights which there wasnt. He did say that the car would do a regen the next time I went for a drive and it did. I'm unsure why it did this as my DPF was at around 40 percent.

Shortly after I took the car for a run. Got the car to temperature and gave it a good run.

I always thought that my insignia was lacking. Especially when the car was stated to have 140bhp from the factory. Previous to this I had a 140bhp which certainly felt faster.

The performance of the insignia has improved especially at the lower ends of the rev spectrum especially in third and fourth where at 1.4 it doesn't feel like it's going to stall.

It's by no means a sports car but at the lights and on motorway on ramps it pulls like crazy and certainly improves how the car drives. Especially when in the torque range.

As the month went on I had Futher change to test my car and feel the improvement in which it and certainly changed how the car has handled. Especially in 5-6th gear on the motorway. Putting your foot down easily speeds you past the triple figure mark. The long gearing of the ecoflex F40 certainly aids in this.

Now the car is suppose to have 190bhp and 400nm of torque. To me the car doesn't feel like it has 190 bhp but it does feel about right for the torque. I've tried using torque to view how much torque it has and it doesn't seem to show above 350. I do plan on getting it on a rolling road early next year to test this.

Issues wise I haven't had any remap related apart from what appears to be my clutch slipping at 1800/2200. I have a feeling this is due to the pressure plate. So far I've being taking it easier to not worsen the effects. I feel it will be a new clutch at some point next year. Have being thinking of fitting the 195 bi turbo clutch / flywheel when it comes to renuning if it fits..

If you guys have any questions I will be glad to give my views.

Thank you

You forgot to mention the important bit ,, how much did it cost?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      You forgot to mention the important bit ,, how much did it cost?
      Haha 235 in total

Feels worth it considering the feeling of popping it into 3rd at 20 and accelerating to 80 in one gear ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon199102 View Post
        Haha 235 in total

Feels worth it considering the feeling of popping it into 3rd at 20 and accelerating to 80 in one gear ha.
        Does that as standard

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Does that as standard
          Yeah it does but its how quick it gets to 80 which is the exciting part ha.

Comment

Yeah it does but its how quick it gets to 80 which is the exciting part ha.
            Yeah would be interesting to know the difference between yours and a 170. IL try to get a time with torque. Where is the question thou as daily commute is getting slower by the day . Keep at this rate IL get mine mapped to 75bhp and 100mpg

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Yeah would be interesting to know the difference between yours and a 170. IL try to get a time with torque. Where is the question thou as daily commute is getting slower by the day . Keep at this rate IL get mine mapped to 75bhp and 100mpg
              Yeah I've being wondering the same. The only thing that I've raced was a Vectra up a motorway sliproad in which I was in 3rd. I was pulling away from him and by the time I was at the top I was easily 3 car lengths.

Though I have no idea what hp that Vectra had. Or engine ha.

Apart from that I've not done a 0-60 time. Might be worth doing one of them ha.

Comment

All I could get in heavy traffic, just normal driving in 3rd gear. IL get it set up properly when I can, I'm interested in what difference a remap can make. But at end of day if car drives better for you that's all that matters.

Comment

Checking the car for smoke after the remap seems a bit odd to me, as the car the dpf should filter this.

Comment

All I could get in heavy traffic, just normal driving in 3rd gear. IL get it set up properly when I can, I'm interested in what difference a remap can make. But at end of day if car drives better for you that's all that matters.

What gear was that in? IL try to recreate over the next couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                      Checking the car for smoke after the remap seems a bit odd to me, as the car the dpf should filter this.
                      When I had my diesel Peugeot chipped that was the first thing diesel tuners UK checked. Turned to 100% and check for smoke, if smoke turn down. Mine was ok but turned it down to about 75%. Made car more drivable around town, got 2-3more mpg, and gave bmws a run for their money .

Comment

What gear was that in? IL try to recreate over the next couple of days.
                        3rd. Tried it in 5th was 7seconds, 4th 4.9 seconds, 3rd 3.9 seconds. Nothing silly just normally acceleration as you would say passing someone on a motorway. Couldn't do anymore as was just playing with gaps in the traffic

Comment

3rd. Tried it in 5th was 7seconds, 4th 4.9 seconds, 3rd 3.9 seconds. Nothing silly just normally acceleration as you would say passing someone on a motorway. Couldn't do anymore as was just playing with gaps in the traffic
                          Ok no worries. IL run with this set up and post back after my run to work.

I'm in Saturday at 5am so clear roads

Comment

Ok no worries. IL run with this set up and post back after my run to work.

I'm in Saturday at 5am so clear roads
                            Sorry for my double post but below is my result. Clearly more performance than I thought.

This was with a slight incline

Comment

Nice. IV got all the weights for car in now etc, it was still set up for Astra . IL try and get some results in the next week. Need to look for where max torque is produced and work from there.

Comment

Working...
                              X