Wind noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind noise

been a few posts on this over the years, think andyellis111 gave a pretty good description of his fix for this but it was quite a while back

Meh Scotland has been pounded with winds these past few days so i have heard nothing but wind noise haha. As a rule I only get that if my back windows are open a wee bit (I have poverty spec wind down windows)

Comment

I get wind noise and tyre noise on mine .

Comment

I use to have this issue, took car back to the dealer and they replaced rear window seal. all ok now

Comment

The insignia is a noisy car, I get wind and tyre noise. I notice this on the test drive but didn't care as I really wanted the car but a year on it has started to really bug me . My vec c was quiet compared to this.

Comment

The siggy has been out for a long time they should know it is a noisy car, they wouldn't recall all the siggys to fix the noise issue. Having said that they should of done it as a service bulletin do the ones that come in for a service.

Comment

Where is this missing bolt?

I can only see 2 on mine. The top one and the lower one which you can just see it in silver. The hole above the top bolt is for the plastic clip to hold the tweeter mounting

Comment

BigMelt, on 17 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:
                It's not in there, it's the visible bolt on the door itself forward of the tweeter.

How would i check/access this bolt?

Comment

Ok thanks i shall have a look

Comment

BigMelt, on 17 March 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:
                    Yes????

Yeah i found the third one. So is not the mirror causing the wind noise so something else hmmm

Comment

Gutted mate that is a poor job, looks like something that is done at a backstreet garage. Go back and tell them you are not happy with the work, if they aren't going to do anything about it , contact vx customer assistance.

Gutted mate that is a poor job, looks like something that is done at a backstreet garage. Go back and tell them you are not happy with the work, if they aren't going to do anything about it , contact vx customer assistance.

Comment

Working...
                      X