Ballast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballast?

Hi there. Just had a message come up on the dash. Check right dipped beam bulb. This cam on as I was driving home from work after washing the car. I've noticed water inside the headlight. Not much but it wasn't there before. I've tried a new bulb which was £30 and it still didn't work. Tried the fuses and they're all fine. Someone mentioned something about a ballast. Is it likely to be that? Sorry my knowledge of cars is limited. They're HiD lights. Thanks in advance. Paul

if theyre pre facelift afl lights,the ballast is underneath the headlight,prone to water ingress,,stupid design really
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      if theyre pre facelift afl lights,the ballast is underneath the headlight,prone to water ingress,,stupid design really
      Well it's a 2011 model so I'm not sure. Before I buy a new ballast could it be anything simpler?

Comment

Originally posted by Citywest View Post
        Well it's a 2011 model so I'm not sure. Before I buy a new ballast could it be anything simpler?
        That would indeed be a pre-facelift. Facelifts were from 2013 onwards.

I would swap the ballast from the other working side to the non working side and if it ignites the currently dead side. If not do the same with the bulbs.

Always do swaps before buying anything

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
          That would indeed be a pre-facelift. Facelifts were from 2013 onwards.

I would swap the ballast from the other working side to the non working side and if it ignites the currently dead side. If not do the same with the bulbs.

Always do swaps before buying anything
          Thankyou all. I'll try swapping them if I can get the bumper off

Comment

You can remove headlights by tilting bumper down, you don't have to remove it completely
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

You can remove headlights by tilting bumper down, you don't have to remove it completely
              So just like undo the top screws and pull it back?

Comment

Yeah, and the fixings in the wheel arch,,, leave all the screws in the underneath, of bumper, and pull it forward, and down. You'll then be able to access all the headlight fixings

Comment

Yeah, and the fixings in the wheel arch,,, leave all the screws in the underneath, of bumper, and pull it forward, and down. You'll then be able to access all the headlight fixings
                  Nice one. Thankyou very much

Comment

Same problem here, how did you go swapping the ballast?

Comment

hello Samuel This is an old thread, from 2018 and if asking a question to any of them they will probably not reply.
                      I have started a thread with your issues as thats the way to get a faster response and better answers.

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                      X