Body control module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body control module

Hi all, I have a variety of errors coming up, service airbags, service tyre monitors, service anti theft, no dials or display on the dash as well as electric boot not opening. It is in a garage and he's said 99% sure that it is the body control module but only Vauxhall can program it after a new one is fitted, just checking that Opcom or the like can't do it? Not that I have Opcom 😂

have you had your battery checked ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It's had a new battery, first thing I took a punt on, as it was 5 years old and done lots of short journeys

Comment

Originally posted by $cott View Post
        It's had a new battery, first thing I took a punt on, as it was 5 years old and done lots of short journeys
        Indeed VX only. However very strange for it to kaput for no reason. No water damage or something chewing the wires? Haha

Comment

I reckon water has got into it as it did with mine. The motor housing and the spounge protecting it for the tailgate was absolutely soaking wet this time last year after some reall heavy rain. I took tha moduel off and completely dried it out and used contact spray on it. One of the little pins that the plug goes into had corroded at tha base and snapped off. Having fiddled with it i cut a sewing needle down to the right length and stuck it in the hole and now it works perfectly. The leak was from the bung on the right hand side at the top so i put some clear sealent on it and its been fine since

Comment

Working...
          X